• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Might be a Paranoid Schizophrenic, looking for friends

T

the_krowman

I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia when I was 19. I will be 50 this coming April and have recently been diagnosed as also having an FND(Functional Neurological Disorder). I am seeking to make contact with my peers for support and friendship. I take Olanzapine tablets for my Schizophrenia and no medication for my FND

Quijas6

Quijas6

I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia when I was 19. I will be 50 this coming April and have recently been diagnosed as also having an FND(Functional Neurological Disorder). I am seeking to make contact with my peers for support and friendship.
Welcome! I was also diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. It's been over a year now. Happy to answer questions as well.

EdEd

EdEd

.... If you need to anything ask. :) here for ya.

T

the_krowman

Welcome! I was also diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. It's been over a year now. Happy to answer questions as well.
It's been a long journey for me. A journey where I have learnt about myself. I am still on that journey and still learning.

H

Habs

I think my boyfriend might have paranoid schizophrenia although not been diagnosed!
For the past four months since stopping cannabis he has been like a different person. It started with bad paranoia and escalated into what seemed like psychosis, his behaviour was very strange! He started quetiapine which calmed things down and is stopping them now, but he is convinced I've been having an affair and accuses me of manipulating him! Apart from this he is functioning normally working etc, but I still know something is very wrong! Any ideas how to help?

T

the_krowman

First of all, stopping Cannabis will definitely be a great help. I used to smoke a lot of the stuff when I was younger but now I only use small amounts to control my seizures. Has your boyfriend seen a psychiatrist?

T

the_krowman

First of all, stopping Cannabis will definitely be a great help. I used to smoke a lot of the stuff when I was younger but now I only use small amounts to control my seizures. Has your boyfriend seen a psychiatrist?

H

Habs

Stopping cannabis seems to have caused all this. He was with a mental health team closely for a month who started him on the medication and did help with the crazy way he was behaving but didn't change his false thoughts about me!
He has been signed off from the mental health team now without a diagnosis and has tapered off medication. But I know something isn't right, to me he is like a different person and he has made life changing decisions completely out of character

T

the_krowman

Stopping cannabis seems to have caused all this. He was with a mental health team closely for a month who started him on the medication and did help with the crazy way he was behaving but didn't change his false thoughts about me!
He has been signed off from the mental health team now without a diagnosis and has tapered off medication. But I know something isn't right, to me he is like a different person and he has made life changing decisions completely out of character
As well as smoking cannabis withdrawing from it and stopping it completely can also cause mental health symptoms as I know all too well. As I explained earlier I only use tiny amounts now but the effects of years of chronic cannabis abuse is still having it's effect on me and my present life and probably will for the years yet to come.

Micsodi

Micsodi

Hi, I have been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia after hospitalisation in February. I have been having auditory hallucinations for four years and I have been taking quetiapine for them. I am looking for friends too.

Sammyjames97

Sammyjames97

Hi, I have been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia after hospitalisation in February. I have been having auditory hallucinations for four years and I have been taking quetiapine for them. I am looking for friends too.
Hello, I've been hearing voices for 3 years but I'm still considered a psycotic until a couple of months. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. It's a tough illness to go through. Hope your okay

L

Lab rat

After talking with my therapist, she very much alluded to the fact she thinks I'm a paranoid schizophrenic but wants me to see a psych first so I can be medicated need be, but I am worried about this new chapter in my life.

I was wondering if anyone would like to be friends to help support me through this time? or at least answer some questions since its all so new for me? thank you all 💕
And count me in :)

Not much point being worried about it, what will be will be

They may get your medication right first time, and you may return to a very nearly normal life, I’ve seen it happen so there is hope

I was diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic at 19 and have been on almost every medication on the market. Currently I’m on olanzapine and haloperidol

My nut doesn’t give me anything like the problems it used to, so there is hope. Hang in there kiddo!

Use this board if you need to talk or vent, the guys on here are great and supportive. I’m a relatively new member, but have been using mh forums for years and this is one of the best. Post any questions, or you can pm me. Well all do our best to help, I know when you’re first diagnosed it can be a sticky, frightening time

Lab rat

vanish

vanish

Forum Safety Team
Hey there, happy to answer any questions you may have. I am diagnosed as being paranoid schizophrenic. I take a combination of medication - Rexulti 4mg, Chlorpromazine 300mg and Invega Sustenna injections 50mg/monthly. I also have depression associated with my psychosis (I get especially bad during and after episodes).
In terms of therapy I've been through the wringer. I'm currently reinvesting my time in CBT. Last year, for the first time ever, I came across a brilliant clinical psychologist who has been helping me come to terms with my diagnosis.
I've been hospitalised for psychotic breaks more times than I can remember (I'm talking at least 20+ admissions). At one stage they were only holding me for 72 hours and letting me go, only to have me returned by emergency responders the next day.
I remember when I was first diagnosed, it was a frightening time as previously held stigmas against those with illness came into play. I remember thinking "but I'm not a murderer!" I know Hollywood does being with this illness no favours.

Don't be afraid to reach out here on the forums. There's plenty of people here to support you.

vulch

vulch

Thank you all who replied, after more poking and prodding, my therapist now is leaning towards DID/OSDD and thankfully through help from friends I am much more okay with handling this new info, thank you again everyone who replied, it means the world to me!