• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Microchip-in-a-pill drug monitoring

F

firemonkee57

Furious Seasons covers a new microchip-in-a-pill that monitors the stomach and detects what drugs the patient is taking, reporting back to the doctor in real time.

The blurb from the company is even more astounding:

Proteus ingestible event markers (IEMs) are tiny, digestible sensors made from food ingredients, which are activated by stomach fluids after swallowing. Once activated, the IEM sends an ultra low-power, private, digital signal through the body to a microelectronic receiver that is either a small bandage style skin patch or a tiny device insert under the skin. The receiver date- and time-stamps, decodes, and records information such as the type of drug, the dose, and the place of manufacture, as well as measures and reports physiologic measures such as heart rate, activity, and respiratory rate.

Like Phil Dawdy, I feel a bit freaked out.

This is interesting for psychiatry for two reasons: one, monitoring for recreational drug or alcohol use and two, monitoring compliance with antipsychotics.
http://www.mindhacks.com/blog/2009/04/microchipinapill_.html

A

Apotheosis

People could do with waking up to the reality of these & other such advanced technologies - they are on our doorstep. The potential implications are massive - & like all technology - can be used for creative or highly destructive purposes.

J

jamesdean

For years I beleieved that I had implants in my body put in throughout the massive amounts of surgery that I have had in the past, though I think I might of been extremly paranoid but this makes sense to me now that we just dont know whot the f**k is going on with all this intelligence I am so against id cards n I have nothing to hide, but dont think that we should have all this information held about us by the goverment.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Very frightening.
I'm against ID cards too.I think they are a precursor to everyone being chipped like criminals.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Do you think George knew what he was talking about.

Oh yes like GPS - be warned we are all being watched.

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Really scary.

F

firemonkee57

I think they should invent a pill for politicians to measure how much bullshit they come out with. :evil::p