• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

mice

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
recently i got up for a cup of water and there was a mouse in the kitchen, then i found a dying mouse in the bathroom

Mentioned it to my neighbour i know she's had mice as she asked me to come in and drive one away, spoke to housing assoc they said to contact the council, the council charges though notices on they're web site a claim that what is noise pollution in bayswater case law has decided isn't noise pollution in battersea, a seperate issue

The housing officer says dealing with mice isn't included in the rent and if it was it would be included in the service charge, something i'm likely to be liable for soon, she said that my neighbour had paid privately for someone to put down bait and it should kill the mice and the housing assoc had paid for someone to put netting over the holes in her flat.

i said what if the mice in my flat migrate downstairs and reinfest it, she said hopefully the bait should kill them

She tells me i'm doing well and when i mentioned i might need food banks soon said she's got the forms

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

in victorian times, they used to dip them in syrup and eat them. Hence why they sold 'sugar mice'.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
it you catch he mouse that is tomorrow's dinner sorted. you can probably get traps from b and q or something for cheap.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Buy a cage and you have a pets that the housing people know about so can't tell you off for.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it you catch he mouse that is tomorrow's dinner sorted. you can probably get traps from b and q or something for cheap.
i had mice in my last place, the then housing officer said the building works for the olympics had disturbed the sewers, bought humane mouse traps released the mouse outside, it went straight back like a rocket, so next time i released one in the park

could buy some more web site is the big cheese if i remember

Worry about them contaminating food

SarahD

SarahD

Best to deal with them while there are just one or two. I know someone who ended up with a really big infestation, and they go everywhere, pee on everything, ruin furnishings, chew through wires and contaminate things in the kitchen. He found a dead one near the motor in the back of the fridge (warmth), and the flat and his clothes started to smell.

SarahD

SarahD

I had this crazy friend (actually I still do, she is still a friend and she is still crazy) and when she was young she was married, and in their first home they had mice. Her husband told her to put poison down for the mice, and she wasn't sure how to do it. She got some poison and decided to put it onto slices of bread, but first she got pastry cutters and cut the slices of bread into different shapes. Then she put the poison onto the shaped bread and put them round the edges of the room. When her husband came home he looked around in disbelief, and asked her what the bread was for. "For the mice", she said. He said, "why? Are they having a party?"

:stomp:

K

KeepYourChinUp

Buy a pellet gun and pop a cap in their ass

Unique1

Unique1

Smiling at some of the the comments here, good to keep a sense of humour ��

Some councils will do it free of charge (not many) not sure if you've enquired, might be worth a try. Although it seems more likely if it were rats they would be more inclined to do it free....could you perhaps mistake them for rats ��
Seriously, hope you get it sorted !

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
my council doesn't do it for free it's rather cash short, the brent councillers wanted to raise council tax but the top labour councillers on the executive were concerned how it'd look

not pleased as they're closing one of the leisure centres, they're welcome in my opinion to close mental health services, they're a useless waste of space, but libraries and leisure centres no

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I would name them.

My parents have a huge spider who hides behind pictures and since I named him they stopped talking about squashing him, instead I get texts and sometimes photos saying that Gerard has come out :LOL:

Jaminacaranda

Jaminacaranda

Sorry Rambo but this is the best thread ever!

We don't have a problem with mice because we have three semi-feral cats. But...they cause their own unique problems (tapeworms, fleas and tics) but...we have no problem with mice except for picking up their indigestible entrails that the cats hoik up on the garden path.

Are mice much of a health hazard? Maybe I'm just being smug in which case, sorry. Mouse traps? Dunno what else to suggest.