MH Solicitor

L

Lilac

I contacted a new solicitor who asked to meet me at home I feel this was a bit out of order. I contacted her to arrange to meet at her office and she hasn't answered. Nor has she answered whether she has ever managed to get someone completely off section not just what they normally do which is force people to use drugs. My work say treat others as you yourself would like to be treated so I can only assume that mental health solicitors/workers want to be sectioned for life.

R

Rose19602

Hi Lilac,
You've obviously got quite some stuff going on right now. I really feel for you and understand why you need to check this solicitor out.
However, maybe it's time to take a step back from the defences you are putting up around you.
Offering to meet you at home is a kind gesture. It acknowledges that you might find it hard to speak in an office about matters which are probably intensely personal.
You may also be jumping the gun with your questions. She can't answer you without meeting you and properly assessing the situation.
It's your choice, and you probably know much more than me, but maybe apologise for the knee jerk reaction and some understandable defensiveness, then invite her round and listen to what she has to say.
She may not be what you need - but you won't know unless you hear her out.
Keep posting and let me know how you get on....and feel free to put me right if I am completely wrong. I may well be....
take care
x

L

Lilac

Hi Lilac,
You've obviously got quite some stuff going on right now. I really feel for you and understand why you need to check this solicitor out.
However, maybe it's time to take a step back from the defences you are putting up around you.
Offering to meet you at home is a kind gesture. It acknowledges that you might find it hard to speak in an office about matters which are probably intensely personal.
You may also be jumping the gun with your questions. She can't answer you without meeting you and properly assessing the situation.
It's your choice, and you probably know much more than me, but maybe apologise for the knee jerk reaction and some understandable defensiveness, then invite her round and listen to what she has to say.
She may not be what you need - but you won't know unless you hear her out.
Keep posting and let me know how you get on....and feel free to put me right if I am completely wrong. I may well be....
take care
x
Hi I have spoken with the solicitor today who we have agreed will come and pick me up one day take me to where I work and have a coffee on the way where we can discuss matters. She says she doesn't work out of an office although she has one.
She also said that she has got one person completely off a section and says that mainly if a psychiatrist wants someone to take drugs the tribunal supports that decision.