• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Methods to beat OCD effectively

J

Juliette 123

Former member
Hello everyone! I am new here and I am looking for some effective methods do beat my ocds (false memories OCD, Harm OCD). Sometimes I cannot disregard the thoughts and take a lot a energy. I try to focus fully on my recovery and this has the highest priority at the moment to me. My want to beat my ocds before the year ends. It is a very ambitious goal, but I try everything for this.

Thank you and best regards!

PS:English is not my mother tongue.
Please understand :)

Fioletovayalien

Fioletovayalien

Hello everyone! I am new here and I am looking for some effective methods do beat my ocds (false memories OCD, Harm OCD). Sometimes I cannot disregard the thoughts and take a lot a energy. I try to focus fully on my recovery and this has the highest priority at the moment to me. My want to beat my ocds before the year ends. It is a very ambitious goal, but I try everything for this.

Thank you and best regards!

PS:English is not my mother tongue.
Please understand :)
What helped me was medication but I imagine therapy could also work.

Bhonest

Bhonest

I just work through it day to day trying to get more insight.

OCDguy

OCDguy

I'm no expert on OCD, in fact if I am honest I only just looked it up on Google to get a better understanding of it (my user name is just a name)... Giving it some thought though I think if it were me my main concerns would be is the OCD debilitating? Is it having a negative impact on my quality of life. Putting things into priorities this is in my opinion what needs dealing with first. Have a todo list and give this priority over any thoughts that might tell you otherwise and do those jobs once with a mind-set of do it right first time. Challenge the rationality of any thoughts that might tell you otherwise. If those thoughts don't make sense, perhaps it's time to dismiss them? In fact challenge any thoughts that might make you think or act differently to what you consider to be normal behaviour? I don't know if this is of any help, but I think this is how I would approach it. Hope this helps. :)

Bhonest

Bhonest

Sometime it helps to perceverate but not if it gets in the way of day to day life.

K

Keesha

I'm no expert on OCD, in fact if I am honest I only just looked it up on Google to get a better understanding of it (my user name is just a name)... Giving it some thought though I think if it were me my main concerns would be is the OCD debilitating? Is it having a negative impact on my quality of life. Putting things into priorities this is in my opinion what needs dealing with first. Have a todo list and give this priority over any thoughts that might tell you otherwise and do those jobs once with a mind-set of do it right first time. Challenge the rationality of any thoughts that might tell you otherwise. If those thoughts don't make sense, perhaps it's time to dismiss them? In fact challenge any thoughts that might make you think or act differently to what you consider to be normal behaviour? I don't know if this is of any help, but I think this is how I would approach it. Hope this helps. :)
That’s actually pretty good.
I try to simplify my thinking and identify whether my thoughts are making me feel better or making me feel worse. I also try to have a positive attitude. When I focus too much on my negative thought patterns, I get lost in them and they swallow me up. A good quick reality check for me is when I can recognize that my thoughts are just thoughts and not take them too seriously.