• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Mentally exhausted

B

Bonnie87

Hi, I have suffered from mental health issues from the age of 15. I am now 33. I've had various 'episodes' during that time each differing in severity and length. This current episode is lasting a bit longer than the others. I've probably only had a handle of 'good' days since February. I'm exhausted, mentally and physically. I live in a constant state of terror 24/7 most of my anxiety comes out as physical symptoms, things like pains, headaches, sensitivity to light, palpatations, panic attacks, breathlessness, numbness, night terrors just to name a few. The doctor is forever telling me that each of these symptoms are in my head and they can't give me anything for them but they are so debilitating that I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I feeling like I'm just existing at the moment dreading each other new having to feel like this over and over again and when I do get an hour of feeling 'better' it like I get post traumatic panic where I remember how scary it was the last time I got that certain symptom and sit and panic that it might come back and I'll not be able to deal with it. Please tell me someone out there feels the same.

Lowlife4L

Lowlife4L

I was 15 when my mental health issues became prevalent in my life. I am 33 now. I’m with you

S

Shay94

You're not alone, I've had anxiety for years bout pretty much everything. Its gotten worse over last couple of years due to death of 2 family friends a year ago, my mother had breast cancer for 2nd time 2 years ago & is currently in hospital again. Not sure when she's coming home, I'm freaking out looking after little sisters & am struggling to keep myself from having panic attacks. Don't really have anyone to chat to atm, I'm struggling & have hardly any sleep all weekend

K

Katie1234

Bonnie your not alone that's for sure. I go through stages where when I'm having an episode of paranoia/anxiety I would rather be anywhere else but my head. Feels like it will last forever, it doesn't though xx

B

Bonnie87

How do you counteract the feeling? This just seems to be lasting forever at the moment and I'm exhausted 😕

B

Bonnie87

You're not alone, I've had anxiety for years bout pretty much everything. Its gotten worse over last couple of years due to death of 2 family friends a year ago, my mother had breast cancer for 2nd time 2 years ago & is currently in hospital again. Not sure when she's coming home, I'm freaking out looking after little sisters & am struggling to keep myself from having panic attacks. Don't really have anyone to chat to atm, I'm struggling & have hardly any sleep all weekend
Im sorry to hear this, I'm here if you need to chat

B

Bonnie87

I was 15 when my mental health issues became prevalent in my life. I am 33 now. I’m with you
Thank you, sometimes you just feel like your the only one who feels like this. I'm glad I joined this forum. How are you at the moment?