• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Mental radio - inside the unit

shaky

shaky

This is on today (Monday 26th) at 8pm
BBC Radio 4 - Inside the Unit - Treating Disorder

Writer Carole Hayman spends time locked in a secure unit for men detained under the Mental Health Act. She's in the company of avuncular Irish psychiatrist Dr. Ray Travers, whose job it is to see if the convicted patients under his care can be reintegrated into the community.

But it's not just the day-to-day workings of the unit she explores, Carole also tries to get under the skin of the man in charge. What drives him and how does he maintain his own mental wellbeing? How does he reconcile what he is aiming to achieve for his patients with what they did to their victims.

Worries me it's coming from the angle 'mad people are dangerous'
:(
We'll see

porkpie

porkpie

My thoughts exactly in regards to 'mad people are dangerous ' when it's proven that people with psychosis and other disorders are more likely to be the victim of serious crime so it gives the older posh people who listen to that shitty radio station a bad presentation to mental illness as a whole.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Sounds interesting.
I've only just come across this post, but i'll have to see if it's on iplayer.