Mental health TV shows - Thu 14/3/2019 to Fri 15/3/2019

G

gobrien

Founding Member
Thursday

8:30am, Dr Sanjay Gupta, the CNN news channel. General health magazine show, often has mental health items

8.30pm, Young Sheldon, E4. Spin-off from college comedy series The Big Bang Theory, featuring a 9 year old Sheldon Cooper. Despite speculation that Sheldon's personality traits may be consistent with Asperger syndrome, obsessive–compulsive personality disorder, and borderline asexuality, co-creator Bill Prady has repeatedly stated that Sheldon's character was neither conceived nor developed with regard to any of these traits

10pm, Space: 1999 : Dragon's Domain, Forces TV. Gerry Anderson series - The Moon has left Earth orbit after a huge nuclear explosion there, taking with it the large manned base on it.

In this one, the drifting Moon encounters an area of space containing a set of empty space ships which one of the crew explored years earlier.

That astronaut (overacting Italian actor Gianni Garko) tells the story of a large "dragon" (actually more a giant squid or octopus or spider) which roams the ships and eats the occupants!

It is the same story he told on Earth when returning from the earlier trip (which we see in flashback), and was sent for psychiatric assessment as a result, but he is he any more sane now?

1am, My Crazy Ex, Lifetime channel.

Friday

7pm, Amber Alert (2015), True Movies 1. When a troubled young man hijacks a school bus filled with children, detective Amber Cross, who is battling with her own demons and issues, is called in to negotiate.

9pm, My Strange Addiction, Discovery Home and Health channel

9.30pm, My Strange Addiction, Discovery Home and Health channel

3:10am, Between Heaven and Hell (1956), on Talking Pictures TV. A GI's outlook on life is changed by his experiences in the Pacific during World War II, especially when "battle fatigue" (PTSD) starts to set in.