Mental health TV shows - Saturday 24/11/2018 to Friday 30/11/2018

G

gobrien

Founding Member
I was busy in London last weekend so no mailout - apologies - normal service is resumed the news mailout should be tomorrow

Jez Alborough : My Personality Just Fell Apart - interview by Iain McNay.

1 hour - Conscious TV - Homepage

Head Talks is a non-profit organisation which aims to inform, inspire and engage those interested in the mind and mental wellbeing. Find people speaking from the heart and from their own experience. Take away knowledge and practical steps towards better mental health and wellbeing

Videos - Home | Head Talks | for your mental well being

Suspira is out at cinemas - a darkness swirls at the centre of a world-renowned dance company, one that will engulf the artistic director, an ambitious young dancer, and a grieving psychotherapist. Some will succumb to the nightmare. Others will finally wake up.

Trailer - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034415/videoplayer/vi2879175193?ref_=tt_ov_vi

I'm A Celebrity's Anne Hegerty tells of secret signs of her Asperger's syndrome - Access Denied

Saturday

10pm, Ghost Asylum, Discovery Science. Apparent hauntings at abandoned mental homes

11.50pm, Celebrities in Therapy, 5 Select.

Sunday

11:30am, Dr Sanjay Gupta, the CNN news channel. General health magazine show, often has mental health items

7pm, Blue Bloods - Nightmares, Sky Atlantic. On Halloween, Jamie becomes invested in helping a volatile psychiatric patient.

10pm, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit - Exile. Universal TV. The team investigates an attack on a homeless woman with a dual personality, who subsequently goes missing.

Monday

9pm, The Truth About The Menopause, BBC 1

1am, My Crazy Ex, Lifetime channel.

Tuesday

9pm, School, BBC 2. In this one, cameras follow students with special needs at The Castle School in rural South Gloucestershire, such as 14 year old Jack, who has Asperger's Syndrome and suffers severe anxiety about attending school. Wayne Underwood, a PE teacher and Head of Year, is tasked with improving Jack's attendance. With no professional training in dealing with pupils who have complex needs, Wayne is struggling to provide the right support for Jack. The pupil's mum is informed that if her son's attendance doesn't improve, she could face being taken to court by her local council.

Wednesday

5:30pm, Leading Women, CNN. Profiling current influential women who have made it to the top in their fields. Leading Women connects you to extraordinary women of our time. Each month, we meet two women at the top of their field, exploring their careers, lives and ideas.

Watch online - Leading Women - CNN.com

Thursday

8:30am, Dr Sanjay Gupta, the CNN news channel. General health magazine show, often has mental health items

8.30pm, Young Sheldon, E4. Spin-off from college comedy series The Big Bang Theory, featuring a 9 year old Sheldon Cooper. Despite speculation that Sheldon's personality traits may be consistent with Asperger syndrome, obsessive–compulsive personality disorder, and borderline asexuality, co-creator Bill Prady has repeatedly stated that Sheldon's character was neither conceived nor developed with regard to any of these traits

10pm, Women on the Verge, W channel. Comedy series starring Kerry Condon, Nina Sosanya and Eileen Walsh as friends struggling to cope with complicated lives. Alison plans to get back with her ex even though she does not love him, Laura tries to get her life in order after a disastrous incident at a family christening, and Katie considers artificial insemination.

1am, My Crazy Ex, Lifetime channel.

Friday

9pm, My Strange Addiction, Discovery Home and Health channel

9.30pm, My Strange Addiction, Discovery Home and Health channel

11.30pm, Shut In (aka Intruders), Film 4. 3 criminals break into Anna's house and reveal their intentions to kill her, meaning the severely agoraphobic woman must either turn the tables on the intruders or die. A deadly battle for control begins, which reveals a far darker side to her personality.

Horror thriller starring Beth Riesgraf and Rory Culkin.

Daily

8.30am, Frasier, Channel 4. The psychiatrist abandons his bar-propping in Boston (a heavily Irish descendant city in the north eastern USA) in favour of presenting a radio show in Seattle (a more Hippie influenced city in the north west). However, his new life is thrown into upheaval when his father moves in with him - followed by his apparently psychic care assistant Daphne.

(There are just over 260 episodes and it runs in double-bills at 9am daily)

11.10am, The Mentalist, 5 USA. American drama series based on the work of Patrick Jane, an independent consultant with the California Bureau of Investigation. Once a fraudulent celebrity psychic, he uses his skills of observation and understanding of human behaviour to help the CBI to solve its most serious crimes.