Mental health TV shows - Saturday 1/12/2018 to Friday 7/12/2018

G

gobrien

Founding Member
Victoria Derbyshire discussed the underperforming Norfolk and Suffolk Mental Health Trust - 17 minutes into the show - https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bsvzly/victoria-derbyshire-28112018

Saturday

10pm, Ghost Asylum, Discovery Science. Apparent hauntings at abandoned mental homes

11.50pm, Celebrities in Therapy, 5 Select.

Sunday

11:30am, Dr Sanjay Gupta, the CNN news channel. General health magazine show, often has mental health items

Monday

1am, My Crazy Ex, Lifetime channel.

Tuesday

6:30pm, Larping Saved My Life, Vice channel. A group of teenagers attend weekend role-playing retreats that create a fantasy world where they can live out their dreams, make friends, and improve their mental health.

1.20am, My Extreme OCD Life, 5 Star

Wednesday

10:50am, Spellbound (1945), Talking Pictures TV. Alfred Hitchcock thriller in which a psychoanalyst falls in love with her new boss, knowing that he is an amnesiac who may be a killer and an impostor. Characteristically Hitchcockian twists blur reality and imagination as the psychoanalyst struggles to restore his memory. A dream sequence designed by Salvador Dali adds to the suspense.

5:30pm, Leading Women, CNN. Profiling current influential women who have made it to the top in their fields. Leading Women connects you to extraordinary women of our time. Each month, we meet two women at the top of their field, exploring their careers, lives and ideas.

Watch online - Leading Women - CNN.com

7pm, (Playing With Nuclear Fire) & No Man Left Behind, Vice. (Vikram Gandhi visits Japan to look at life after the Fukushima nuclear accident), and Ryan Duffy talks to US veterans about mental illnesses.

Thursday

8:30am, Dr Sanjay Gupta, the CNN news channel. General health magazine show, often has mental health items

8.30pm, Young Sheldon, E4. Spin-off from college comedy series The Big Bang Theory, featuring a 9 year old Sheldon Cooper. Despite speculation that Sheldon's personality traits may be consistent with Asperger syndrome, obsessive–compulsive personality disorder, and borderline asexuality, co-creator Bill Prady has repeatedly stated that Sheldon's character was neither conceived nor developed with regard to any of these traits

10pm, Women on the Verge, W channel. Comedy series starring Kerry Condon, Nina Sosanya and Eileen Walsh as friends struggling to cope with complicated lives. Alison plans to get back with her ex even though she does not love him, Laura tries to get her life in order after a disastrous incident at a family christening, and Katie considers artificial insemination.

10pm, The Therapist - Laura Jane Grace, Vice. The Against Me! singer opens up about being transgender and how it has impacted her familial and romantic relationships.

10:30pm, The Therapist - Freddie Gibbs, Vice. Rapper Freddie Gibbs discusses being falsely accused and incarcerated for rape and how he is recovering from the troubling experience.

1am, My Crazy Ex, Lifetime channel.

Friday

9:05pm, About a Boy (2002), ITV Be. Parallel coming-of-age stories of a layabout `serial nice guy' living a posh, carefree lifestyle off his deceased father's fortune, and a bright but awkward youth who's tired of his mother's depressed, boyfriend-less state. Their paths collide when the boy fabricates a two-year-old son and joins a group called S.P.A.T. (Single Parents Alone Together).

9pm, My Strange Addiction, Discovery Home and Health channel

9.30pm, My Strange Addiction, Discovery Home and Health channel

Daily

8.30am, Frasier, Channel 4. The psychiatrist abandons his bar-propping in Boston (a heavily Irish descendant city in the north eastern USA) in favour of presenting a radio show in Seattle (a more Hippie influenced city in the north west). However, his new life is thrown into upheaval when his father moves in with him - followed by his apparently psychic care assistant Daphne.

(There are just over 260 episodes and it runs in double-bills at 9am daily)

11.10am, The Mentalist, 5 USA. American drama series based on the work of Patrick Jane, an independent consultant with the California Bureau of Investigation. Once a fraudulent celebrity psychic, he uses his skills of observation and understanding of human behaviour to help the CBI to solve its most serious crimes.