• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Mental health TV shows - Sat 3/10/2020 to Fri 9/10/2020

G

gobrien

Founding Member
Mental health TV shows - Sat 3/10/2020 to Fri 9/10/2020

Sheila McMahon;

If you don’t know already, I have launched ‘Stories with Sheila’- a weekly free online show (up to 10 minutes long) that covers a different topic each week to promote great mental health. The show involves a story, saying and a sing song or dance! This week’s show called ‘Coming out’ is about ‘Empathy’ and if you want to watch it then the link is -

So if you fancy some uplifting light heartedness then you can subscribe to my You Tube channel and be part of our Mental Wealth Community where we continue to help ourselves and each other.

www.youtube.com/c/SheilasYouTubeChannel

If you fancy helping out, then please email a useful saying or piece of advice that was passed onto you that you are happy for me to share as part of the show - Thank you.

Wishing you great Mental Wealth and if there is anything I can do to help the please feel free to email or text me on my number below. Thank you as always for your support and I hope you enjoy the online show!

Kind regards

Sheila

CEO Mind Management For You
Counsellor RegMBACP,FTP
and Comedienne
07799 791537
www.mindmanagementforyou.com

Saturday

1.20pm, PS I Love Love You, Channel 5. A bereaved woman reads a set of backdated letters from her husband.

10pm, Ghost Asylum, Discovery Science. Apparent hauntings at abandoned mental homes

11.50pm, Robin Williams - The Price Of Fame, Channel 5.

Sunday

11:30am, Dr Sanjay Gupta, the CNN news channel. General health magazine show, often has mental health items

9pm, Bull, Fox. Brilliant, brash, and charming, Dr. Bull is the ultimate puppet master as he combines psychology, human intuition, and high-tech data to learn what makes jurors, attorneys, witnesses, and the accused tick.

Monday

8pm, Inside the Zoo, BBC Scotland (also on Freeview etc). In this one, plans are made to improve the mental health of the meerkats and wolverines

1am, My Crazy Ex, Lifetime channel.

2.05am, The Protectors - The First Circle, ITV 4. A disturbed Vietnam War veteran goes on the rampage

Tuesday

6pm, Star Trek - Is There In Truth No Beauty?, Horror channel. The alien Medusan ambassador is brought aboard in a box, which causes insanity if opened and looked into to see the creature.

9pm, Prodigal Son, Sky 1. Drama series - Silence Of The Lambs rip off

10pm, Y Fam Iawn ("The Very Mother"), S4C. Drama series about a child psychologist, dealing with the disturbing case of a 3 year-old boy who claims that his mother is an impostor.

In Welsh - check the red button for English subtitles etc.

1.10am, Girl Interrupted, Sony Movies

Wednesday

5:30pm, Leading Women, CNN. Profiling current influential women who have made it to the top in their fields. Leading Women connects you to extraordinary women of our time. Each month, we meet two women at the top of their field, exploring their careers, lives and ideas.

Watch online - Leading Women

11.05pm, White House Farm Murders - The New Evidence, Channel 5. The case of Jeremy Bamber, convicted of shooting his family in 1985 but still (falsely in my view) saying that his schizophrenic sister did it.

12:05am, Born To Kill - Patrick Mackay: 45 Years Behind Bars, Channel 5. Psychologists and criminology experts analyse the personality of Patrick Mackay, who confessed to murdering 11 people in London and Kent in the mid-1970's.

12.15am, Robin Williams - Come Inside My Mind, Sky Arts

Thursday

8:30am, Dr Sanjay Gupta, the CNN news channel. General health magazine show, often has mental health items

Radio Cardiff every Thursday at 1:30 to 3pm. Well Waves - mental health radio show. Well Waves explores experiences of mental health and is made by volunteers from VCS Pave The Way who have the perspective of 'lived experience' and features true life stories; interviews; features and covers a range of performing & creative Arts. Radio show introduced by co presenters Jay Walker and Jen Ashton.

Listen to all episodes on Mixcloud here - www.mixcloud.com/BeingWell/

8pm, Lewis - Down Among the Fearful, ITV 3. When psychologist Reuben Beatty is murdered while moonlighting as a psychic, Lewis and Hathaway struggle to unravel the victim's baffling double life.

9pm, Council House Britain, Channel 4

Friday

9pm, Hard Time - Vegas Breakdown, Nat Geo. Mentally ill inmates at the Clark County Detention Centre.

10pm, Bull, Fox. Brilliant, brash, and charming, Dr. Bull is the ultimate puppet master as he combines psychology, human intuition, and high-tech data to learn what makes jurors, attorneys, witnesses, and the accused tick.

Daily

8.05am, Frasier, Channel 4. The psychiatrist abandons his bar-propping in Boston (a heavily Irish descendant city in the north eastern USA) in favour of presenting a radio show in Seattle (a more Hippie influenced city in the north west). However, his new life is thrown into upheaval when his father moves in with him - followed by his apparently psychic care assistant Daphne.

(There are just over 260 episodes and it runs in double-bills at 9am daily)