• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Mental Health TV - just one thing I spotted

shaky

shaky

There's a film on tonight called Spider, directed by David Cronenberg and starring Ralph Feinnes.
BBC2 23:20 Saturday 21st Feb

It is about a man who comes out of a mental institution (I think) in the fifties possibly and tries to adapt to his life in a rented room.
It mixes up past, present, future and imaginary things

I first saw it when it came out and Ralph Feinnes is very good. But that was before I had had any MH problems and I'm dying to see it now that I know so muc more about the subject.
I think it might be a difficult film for some people, so discretion is advised.

Gajolene

Gajolene

JS and I were watching the new show Twelve Monkey's and laughing at how rediculously not even close to reality they represented the psych ward in the first few episodes of the show. :eek2:

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

This film sounds really familiar, but I can't remember if i've watched it or not.
Might give it a go - there's not a lot else on tonight.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Oh i've also noticed that Silver Linings Playbook is on on another channel.
Great film that is. There's nothing like total dependency on your over-romanticised view of another human being to help you recover from mental illness - that never goes wrong in real life..:whistle: