• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Mental health scares people.

D

Daveyboy

Why is it when people know your suffering from depression. They seem to disappear from your live. All alone with your mind and illness?

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

You’re never alone. That only means you need to get closer.

I’m sry you feel this way. Do you have a mental health team? Are you feeling alone from the virus maybe?

D

Daveyboy

Couciller. Lockdown breakup and depression great to be alive. Not

I know when I feel alone like this I’ll reach out to old friends, family, community, online, my therapists, anyone who will listen... keep sharing and you won’t feel so lonely 😭

D

Daveyboy

That’s the problem. Friends can’t handle what you going through so stop texting you. Family old and don’t understand.

JessisMe

JessisMe

That is why this forum was developed, to create a safe place for people with mental health diagnoses to chat and support each other through things. Peers can often sympathize in ways that those who don’t suffer with mental illness cannot.

jajingna

jajingna

I guess people are uncomfortable with it, don't know what to say or do.

That’s the problem. Friends can’t handle what you going through so stop texting you. Family old and don’t understand.
Then you have to make friends who can understand this. You can’t hide it. It feels good too.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
People are naturally inclined to distance themselves from topics that is beyond their comfort zone. Most people don't know how to handle mental health issues and becomes scared and uncertain when confronted by such issues. It doesn't mean they don't care just that they'd rather hide from it than confront it.

We with mental health problems sometimes have a tendency to overthink how others react and blame ourselves. Sometimes we get angry at others for not understanding. I've come to the realization that it takes time for people to be able to talk about mental health and you have to be patient and slowly educate others so they can get some understanding of what it's all about. Not everyone will be able to accept to be open for discussion some will always withdraw when confronted by it but if we don't try to talk about it the people around us will never understand.

S

Shay94

I know how you feel, everyone ditched me after my mother had cancer twice and I was struggling really bad mentally. They wanted to help, I think, but weren't sure how to as its not a physical thing and began to distance themselves from me. I used to get really annoyed at others for not understanding it but now I realize no one can unless you suffer from it yourself. It'll take time for others to talk more bout mental health, for now just stick with those that 100% support you no matter what & slowly others will come round

irwin

irwin

Most people don't want to deal with someone who has mental illnesses.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Most people don't want to deal with someone who has mental illnesses.
But most people don't know how to either that's why it's important to educate the public and remove the stigma of mental illness in society.

DanL15000

DanL15000

ACCOUNT CLOSED
To borrow lyrics from an old song.

"And when you got money, you got lots of friends, crowding 'round your door. But when the money's gone, and all the spending ends. They won't be 'round, anymore."

Works the same way for everything, including illnesses. That's just one of the things we deal with.

People suggesting using this site for contact are right. There is support here in the way of communication.

And, things do change. They get better for awhile.