• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Mental health news this week

G

gobrien

Founding Member
A bit of a gruesome helping this week I'm afraid

The 21-year-old suspected of murdering his half-sister, his mother and her partner, had struggled with his mother’s alcoholism and had written about being lonely and sad online. Jed Allen, who photographed himself brandishing knives and an axe, was said by one former girlfriend to have "always had family issues and anger problems" - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...pect-Jed-Allen-was-sad-fed-up-and-lonely.html

Schizophrenic 'city gent' lured a prost-itute to a Rochdale bridge before stabbing her in the neck with a kitchen knife. At Manchester Crown Court he was hospitalised indefinitely under the Mental Health Act for the protection of the public after he pleaded guilty to attempted murder and possession of an offensive weapon - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/caught-cctv-schizophrenic-city-gent-5763783

A judge slammed the leniency of sentences for stalkers as he jailed an obsessive 74-year-old man who drove a female GP to a mental breakdown. Judge Jamie Tabor QC said it was 'absurd' that he was not entitled to pass a tougher term on retired builder Raymond Knight, who has been obsessed with Dr Eleanor Aston for the last seven years -http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sinister-stalker-aged-74-jailed-5758102

Lindsay Lohan failed to turn up to give evidence against a man accused of stalking her, causing the case to collapse. The Mean Girls actress, 28, had been expected to return to London from the U.S. but charges against 37-year-old alleged stalker Daniel Vorderwulbecke, who believes he is married to Lohan, were dropped. Vorderwulbecke is currently being detained at the Gordon Psychiatric Hospital in Pimlico

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-alleged-stalker-collapses.html#ixzz3bXv8WmEH

A teenager who tortured more than 200 rare birds before posting the carcasses through people's letterboxes with a big grin on his face has been jailed for six months. Thomas Knox, 19, squeezed, kicked and battered the birds to death after stealing them all from a life-long collector's aviary in Brownhills, West Midlands. CCTV footage shows the teenager arrive with three others at a block of flats in Walsall, with bags and boxes containing the dead and alive animals, including doves and rare jays and quails.

Vaughn Whistance, defending, said Knox was a vulnerable young man who suffered with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and autism.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sted-carcasses-letterboxes.html#ixzz3azBAfQSF

(He should have been sentenced to appear in a re-make of The Birds - as a stuntman without any protective clothing)

A judge took a leaf from Captain Mainwaring's book, calling a teenage soldier: “You stupid boy!” The squaddie had admitted taking advantage of a woman suffering from dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease to defraud her of more than £2,000 in cash and goods. Craig Lewis, 19, from St Mildreds Road, Tenterden, had pleaded guilty to four fraud charges - http://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/shamed-soldier-told-by-judge-37362/

A patient died after being given an overdose of SIX bottles of medication - when he was prescribed less than a teaspoon. Joshua Gaffney, 22, who should have received less than a third of a 15ml bottle, had 21 times the prescribed amount of the drug clozapine. He died at home in Yeovil, Somerset, shortly after the liquid was administered allegedly in the presence of mental health nurses Amanda Young and Petia Gummer. Joshua, who was being treated for mental illness psychosis, died at his home in Yeovil after being visited by Miss Young and Mrs Gummer on February 8 last year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...nurses-21-TIMES-medication.html#ixzz3bXtmJSXg

US mathematician John Nash, who inspired the Oscar-winning film A Beautiful Mind, has died in a car crash with his wife, police have said. Nash, 86, and his 82-year-old wife Alicia were killed when their taxi crashed in New Jersey, they said. The mathematician is renowned for his work in game theory, winning the Nobel Prize for Economics in 1994. His breakthroughs in maths - and his struggles with schizophrenia - were the focus of the 2001 film.

More - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32865248

This sort of thing MIGHT be an example of a "Nash Equilibrium" - a concept named after him - it'll be clearer if and when such scenarios are made widely known;

Boris Johnson will concoct a sudden major row with "The Moslems in MY Constituency" (so in a place called Uxbridge in West London since THAT is his Constituency) on the next quiet News Day just after David Cameron comes a cropper over something

(A Tory who screws up falls out with Tory members - whilst a Tory who rants at Moslems falls in with Tory members. So for someone like Boris Johnson wanting to get the better of factional rival David Cameron within The Tory Party the OPTIMUM time to rant at Moslems is just AFTER David Cameron has screwed up over something)

Now;

The dopey Police don't know ANY of what I've just told you there (when trying to see Moslem-related community trouble coming they ONLY watch Moslems and The EDL etc and NOT rivalries at Westminster)

So when Boris rants at Moslems, the resulting trouble will catch out the Police

(Note how Cameron screwing up something prompts Johnson to suddenly rant Moslems - it is NOT the actual behaviour of Moslems immediately beforehand which prompts it. That's why you had Jack Straw suddenly ranting at them about Veils when they'd been wearing them for donkey's years and there had been no sudden increase just beforehand - it was really about rivalries at Westminster)

Now - imagine that Boris's move is PREDICTED to the Police beforehand - and that they understand the prediction - Boris will erupt Moslem-related trouble in Uxbridge just after Cameron screws something up;

Johnson would simply vindicate the prediction when then ranting at Moslems when predicted to

(.i.e. a prediction of community trouble which WOULD ordinarily have caught out the Police is by contrast vindicated right in front of them)

Outcome;

The Police would want MORE such accurate predictions of trouble, and would want to know HOW it was done

ANY subsequent acknowledgment by the Police of HOW the accurate prediction was made (i.e. that Boris SAID his row was about Social Cohesion etc but was just about beating David Cameron in a factional Tory rivalry really) would surely force Boris OUT completely - PROVED to be concocting Moslem trouble

The alternative scenario is that Boris SEES the prediction about him being made to the Police;

Knowing that any vindication will force him out, he can instead stay in by NOT ranting at Moslems (when predicted to)

In that scenario though, community trouble which WOULD otherwise have erupted then DOESN'T erupt

Here is The Nash Equilibrium concept explained;

Amy and Will are in a Nash Equilibrium if Amy is making the best decision she can, taking into account Will's decision while Will's decision remains unchanged - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nash_equilibrium

Does anyone do Maths and can tell us if that Boris/Police/Moslem scenario is like that Amy/Will game described above?

Britain’s number one judo champion Ashley McKenzie, 25, competed at London 2012 for Team GB and won gold at the Commonwealth Games. This is all the more staggering because he has also fought to control his attention deficit hyperactivity disorder since childhood - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/adhd-wrecked-life-until-discovered-5760391

Study Links Serious Depression With 5-Fold Risk for Heart Failure - http://www.piercepioneer.com/study-links-serious-depression-with-5-fold-risk-for-heart-failure/41149

Hollywood actor Omar Sharif is suffering from Alzheimer's disease and struggles to remember his most famous films - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11625953/Omar-Sharif-is-suffering-from-Alzheimers.html

Pianist James Rhodes wins right to publish autobiography telling of abuse

An internationally renowned classical pianist has overturned a ban that had prevented him from publishing his autobiography detailing the sexual abuse he suffered as a child. However, his ex-wife sought to prevent publication of key passages, arguing that they would have too distressing an impact on their 12-year-old son. Rhodes’ son is said to have Asperger’s, attention deficit disorder and other health problems.

(People regarding Mental Health need to be aware in a widespread way what was actually attempted in court)

Rhodes himself says;

`As my mental health started to improve from 2009 onwards, so my career started to flourish. I stopped taking medication. I started to sleep better. The voices diminished. I began to eat properly. I stopped cutting myself. Further, in addition to pulling the book, there was to be a potentially indefinite gagging order imposed that would stop me from speaking or writing in any medium anywhere in the world about the following:

1. Graphic and detailed accounts of the sexual abuse I had suffered and the lasting harm it had caused me (physical, emotional and mental);

2. Accounts of my serious mental health issues as an adult (including periods of treatment as an in-patient);

3. Details of my treatment for those mental health issues;

4. Accounts of my self-harming;

5. Accounts of my suicidal thoughts and suicide attempts.

It was made clear that my past history of sexual abuse and mental illness was so abhorrent, shameful and “toxic” (their word) that it should never be talked about except privately with close friends; and that, as far as the world at large was concerned, my past should in effect cease to exist. After a few weeks of enforced silence, I asked for a “public domain exemption” to apply; this would mean that I could speak about my past if what I said had already appeared in the press or on television. This was granted, although the injunction banned “graphic language”.

(When we asked what that meant, we got responses such as “no colourful or vivid descriptions”, or “You can use the word ‘rape’, but not the phrase ‘getting raped’.”)

More;

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...the-law-can-punish-the-innocent-10273617.html

http://www.theguardian.com/music/20...es-rhodes-wins-right-to-publish-autobiography

Website - www.jamesrhodes.tv

This case over an injunction which expired in 2002 is another one whose knowledge of needs to be made widespread;

A Hushed Tory Scandal Is Back for All Britain to View - Flora Keay (born as a result of an affair by Tory chairman Cecil Parkinson in 1983), who, as a youngster, showed signs of epilepsy and had to have a brain tumor removed at age 4. The operation left her with learning difficulties, and she also suffered from Asperger's syndrome, described as a rare form of autism.

The privacy injunction taken out by Parkinson had the effect of banning Flora from appearing in class photographs, having her name listed in school sporting events, publicly accepting awards, appearing in academic theatricals or even having her name posted on notice boards.

More - http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/13/world/a-hushed-tory-scandal-is-back-for-all-britain-to-view.html

(I know the answer to all of those super-injunctions which cover up the love affairs of the rich and powerful. If you are rich and powerful - don't have affairs)

Birmingham City Council are working in partnership working with health colleagues including Hospital trusts and GPs and are progressing a shared vision and approach through the “Your Connect Care programme” and developing a shared care approach to supporting vulnerable people that may require support and care .

This work also includes how the agencies share key information on your health conditions between key staff i.e. social workers, GPs and nurses as part of your assessment and support planning arrangements .

Why We Are Consulting? The following 4 questions have been developed to help establish what type and level of information you would agree that should be shared and what should remain confidential.

https://www.birminghambeheard.org.uk/people-1/health-and-care-record

MORE mental health personnel will be based at police stations and courts across the Black Country as part of the government's Liaison and Diversion pilot initiative. NHS England have allocated an additional £800, 000 across Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall and Wolverhampton to ensure people of all ages with mental health, learning disability, substance misuse and other vulnerabilities are identified and assessed as early as possible as they pass through the youth and criminal justice systems. The new service, operational from April, will be located within the police and courts to divert those most at risk away from the criminal justice system and into local health and care services provided by the Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust.

Becki Hipkins, Liaison and Diversion Project Lead, on behalf of Health and Justice (West Midlands), NHS England, said: "We are delighted that Black Country are one of the National Trial sites for Liaison and Diversion and to have the opportunity to demonstrate positive outcomes from work in our local community. "We remain committed to working with police and court colleagues to identify and divert vulnerable adults and young people with mental health and ether vulnerabilities from the criminal justice system and offending behaviour into mental health treatment and support services. "We strive to improve mental health and wellbeing and reduce offending rates through providing early intervention and referring people to a range of health and care services," she added.

I got sent this;

"If governments in reality cared about protecting people they would do something about the huge toll of deaths and serious injuries caused by the cars and roads they constantly subsidise, not to mention the many thousands more poisoned by the illegal levels of air pollution. But they don't because in reality governments don't give a damn about our safety. Nannying scams like the MHRA and COT are criminal organisations set up to breach our right to choose our own healthcare, merely so as to boost corporate profits. They should be abolished and banned constitutionally.

I just signed the petition "House of Commons: To disband the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) a corrupt government body charged with protecting patients from avoidable harm in the National Health Service and in Public Health." and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

Currently 961 signatures, so not that far from reaching the required 1,000 signatures."

You can read more and sign the petition here: https://www.change.org/p/house-of-c...ium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive

DEMENTIA AWARE-FEST 2015 - Birmingham

Dementia Aware-Fest 2015 will be a multi band all day rock gig at the Roadhouse in Kings Heath, Birmingham. Help us beat our 2013 total and have a great day of Rock `n' Roll at the same time

Date: Sunday May 31
Price: £5
More - http://www.theroadhousebirmingham.com/?q=node/932

Reflections on participatory research Venue: Courtyard Room, HSMC (Park House) Wednesday 3rd June 2015: 1pm – 3pm

The seminar will provide reflections on the experience and findings from two participatory research projects, with an opportunity to discuss the future of the participatory research theme in the College of Social Science.

Programme:

1.00: Chair’s intro and welcome: Joy Fillingham
1.05: Co-researching micro-care: Kerry Allen, Adrian Murray and Gareth Welford
1.35: Comments and questions
1.45: The right to be heard: independent mental health advocacy in England: Laura Able and Karen Newbigging
2.15: Comments and questions
2.25: Break for refreshments
2.35: Open discussion: the impact and future of participatory research in the College
3.00: Close

If you like to attend this free seminar, please contact Evelina Balandyte at - [email protected]

Suresearch is a network of Service Users in Research and Education. We welcome as members, users and survivors of mental health services and their allies, who have experience and/or an interest in mental health research and education. Meet at the University of Birmingham.

Suresearch Monthly Meetings in 2015

Wednesday 3rd June
Thursday 2nd July
Wednesday 5th August
Thursday 10th September
Wednesday 7th October
Thursday 5th November
Wednesday 2nd December

Meetings are generally held at 10.30am in the Garden Room at Park House, 40 Edgbaston Park Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2RT.

Tea, coffee and a warm welcome are available from 10.00 am. Our meetings are open, friendly, and relaxed. Everyone has the chance to sit and listen or contribute to the discussions, raise topics and distribute information. News of local and national developments is shared, along with information on current and forthcoming research and teaching projects

Information on access to the venue can be obtained by emailing us at - [email protected]

Updated information on meetings will be on our website at - www.suresearch.org.uk

Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust - Have your say

Are you interested in taking part in a focus group to tell us what you think our workforce should be/look like? Please join us and let us know your thoughts and ideas

Date: 4th June 2015. Time: 2pm - 4pm. Venue: Uffculme Centre, 52 Queensbridge Road, Moseley Birmingham B13 8QY

For more information please contact: Mark Hillier on 0121 301 1284 or Julie Turley on 0121 301 1275

A vacancy has arisen for a Service User Researcher based in Birmingham for the PARTNERS 2 study. For more information please go to: http://mcpin.org/new-peer-researcher-post-based-in-birmingham or see the text below. The closing date is 8th June at 9am. Please do share this email with anyone that might be interested.

PARTNERS 2 Service User Researcher vacancy (Birmingham)

We are looking for a peer researcher (a person who is both a researcher and a person with lived experience of mental health problems) to join our PARTNERS2 study team. Within PARTNERS2 these posts are known as “SURAs – service user research assistants” and there are three of these posts one in each study site – Lancashire, Devon and Birmingham. The post is offered for 2 years and is based in Birmingham within the University of Birmingham Department of Primary Care. The McPin Foundation is supporting this post and is the lead in the project team for PPI (Patient and Public Involvement). There are opportunities to develop research skills and experience in the role and support the building of best practice research focused on lived experience expertise.
PARTNERS2 is an NIHR funded research study looking to develop a new model of care for people with long term mental health needs supported in primary care. More information is available on the study web site.

For more information on the post please read our Job Description: Peer researcher Birmingham JD

To apply for this post please complete an application form and our equal opportunities monitoring form by 8th June at 9am.

Application form: McPin application form for Peer researcher based in Birmingham

Equal ops form: Equal opportunities monitoring form

We are planning to hold the interview for this post on Friday 19th June – at the University of Birmingham.

If you would like to talk to someone about the position please contact Meena Khan on [email protected] or 0121 414 6947

Completed application forms should be sent to [email protected]

Thank you,

Dr Thomas Kabir
Public Involvement in Research Manager
The McPin Foundation
32-36 Loman Street
London SE1 0EH
T: 0207 922 7874
E: [email protected]
W: www.mcpin.org

Carer's Week is from 8 - 14 June 2015 - events near you - http://www.carersweek.org/events-near-you

ISLAMIC PSYCHOLOGY AND MENTAL HEALTH: WORKING COLLABORATIVELY. 10th JUNE 2015 LONDON/12th JUNE MANCHESTER 2015

Clients from Muslim backgrounds are increasingly using Mental Health and Psychological Services in the UK and present with varied explanatory models of mental distress, coping and treatment. Muslims also differ between themselves in terms of their degree of religiosity, particular cultural background and perceived discrimination. It is then important that there is some collaborative understanding on how this complexity impacts on the delivery of effective mental health services. This conference aims to explore and debate the critical perspectives, themes and concepts that underpin 'Muslim Psychology' and models of mental health and illness and consider how these might relate to 'mainstream' psychological and mental health services in the UK.

More - http://www.bmehealth.org/

300 Voices & In support of Men's Health Week

Join us on 18-6-15 from 11am till 4pm

We will be running a range of competitions and activities throughout the day including stalls for partnering groups in-cluding West Midlands Police Service, Mytime CIC and many more, a mass board game competition with prizes (Revolving Door) and health workshops, lunch will be provided and we will be commissioning a theatre piece to be performed throughout the event.

More - http://www.bsmhft.nhs.uk/about-us/engaging-with-our-communities/300-voices/

INVITATION TO CODESIGN A PATIENT AND PUBLIC INVOLVEMENT WORK PLAN WITH HEALTHWATCH BIRMINGHAM - 18th June, 10am - 4.30pm, Central Birmingham venue (tbc)

Recent policy leaves no doubt regarding the direction of travel for health and social care. Patients and the public’s voice must be central to purchasing, commissioning and providing decisions. We’re analysing the wider systems in which we are operating. We’re asking ourselves what is (or what was) the problem, if Healthwatch Birmingham is the solution.

On the 18th June we’re convening commissioners, providers, volunteers, third sector organisations and members of the Board to develop a work plan for 2015/18 which will enable Healthwatch Birmingham to help Commissioners and Providers achieve their statutory responsibilities in relation to effective patient and public participation.

Joint working on the day will focus on agreeing what’s really preventing all voices being heard, as opposed to just the loud ones? Agreeing what’s really preventing patients and the public working co-productively to design and redesign services which will meet their needs? And agreeing what’s really preventing patients and the public changing the way they access and use services following service redesign?

In order for us all to collaborate on these issues across the health and social care system which is Birmingham City, we must first agree them. Robust solutions can then be developed and a clear role carved for Birmingham City’s Healthwatch. This is why we are inviting you to work with us on the 18th June, and why we encourage you to forward this invitation to people you think should be involved in this part of our work.

Please RSVP to:

Candy Perry
Interim Director, Healthwatch Birmingham
0121 636 0990
[email protected]

'THE POWER OF KNOWING YOU' - book launch

On the 19th June 2015, Sheila McMahon will officially launch her insightful and empowering personal development book called The Power Of Knowing You,at the Lichfield Garrick Theatre Bar, Lichfield. Sheila shares her story of how her experiences as a child lead her to have depression and become a self-sabotager. In the book she shows us how she broke free from ‘victim mentality’ to become the...

Event to be held at the following time, date, and location: Friday, June 19, 2015 from 2PM to 4PM (BST)

The Lichfield Garrick Theatre Bar, Castle Dyke, Lichfield WS13 6HR

We hope you can make it!

Cheers,

Sheila McMahon
More - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-power-of-knowing-you-book-launch-tickets-16954197461

From the Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust;

Would you like a stall to promote your service at our Community Engagement Days? The Community Engagement team are hosting four Community Engagement days across acute hospital sites. These events are well attended and help to showcase our services, address the stigma of mental health, and strengthen our relationships with local communities. They are very well attended and are fun, as well as informative and include live music, giant inflatables, face painting and food stalls. The events help to celebrate the diversity and culture of residents, and provide a great opportunity for you to talk to the local community about your service.

The Community Engagement days take place between 12.00 - 17.00 and dates and venues are as follows:

Oleaster - Saturday 27 June
Mary Seacole - Saturday 25 July
Endeavour Court (Northcroft site) - Saturday 29 August
Lyndon Day Services - Saturday 12 September

If you are interested in having a stall at one of these events, please email - [email protected] by Monday 1 June.

Project Aspie is geared towards raising the profile of people with Asperaer's Syndrome within the community. Project Aspie is launching 'Alphabet 12', an interactive and versatile Advocacy and peer Support Programme. The programme provides guidance and support to people with Asperger's Syndrome helping individuals to live healthy and independent lives in the community.

IT IS FREE AND IS SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE WHO MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:

Aged between 18 and 25 years of age
Who have Asperger's Syndrome
Living in Birmingham and West Midlands region
Wanting to meet other people with Asperger's Syndrome

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT Project Aspie ON 07802 658 150 OR VISIT www.projectaspie.org.uk

Birmingham Central User Voice Forum - Promoting user involvement in Birmingham & Solihull mental health services. Diary Dates 2015;

Monday 22 June
Monday 24 August
Monday 26 October
Monday 21 December

Venue: Small Heath Health Centre, 42 Chapman Road, Birmingham B10 OPG

1pm — 2pm

- Share ideas on improvement or voice your concern
- Service Users only during first half -hour session
- Refreshments provided
- Travel costs refunded for those travelling by bus

For further information contact: Cabdulqaadir Ruumi, User Voice Development Worker.

Tel: 07985 883 143 or email [email protected]

Positive Mental Health Group - monthly networking meeting dates for 2015. The group is open to anyone with an interest in promoting a greater awareness of mental health issues across the communities of Birmingham and Solihull. Your chance to share information, news & views with statutory agencies, voluntary sector organisations, user groups - and individual users/carers/staff. Come and join one of the biggest mental health networking meetings in the Midlands, every month! Just turn up - no need to book. Meetings include guest speakers, information table, light refreshments & a chance to chat and catch up.

Thursday 25 June - from 2.30pm to 4.30pm
Thursday 30 July - from 2.30pm to 4.30pm
Thursday 27 August - from 2.30pm to 4.30pm
Thursday 24 September - from 2.30pm to 4.30pm
Thursday 29 October - from 2.30pm to 4.30pm
Thursday 26 November-- from 2.30pm to 4.30pm
Thursday 17 December - from 2.30pm to 4.30pm

(Last Thursday of the month except in December)

ALL MEETINGS ARE HELD AT - Matchbox Cafe, 38 - 40 Holloway Circus, Birmingham city centre, B1 1EQ

Just a short walk from all city centre rail stations and bus stops. The cafe is located next to Birmingham LGBT Health & Wellbeing Centre, opposite the Chinese pagoda traffic island and the Radisson hotel.

Buses 61 and 63 stop at HF1 outside the cafe. The journey is just two stops from the Rotunda/Bullring centre, board buses outside the Boots store.

PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) at BSMHFT can offer information on this group and other voluntary or user groups within Birmingham and Solihull - Phone 0800 953 0045

Big Top Road Show - Birmingham

We provide an information hub coinciding with fairgrounds, which has free face-painting one side and the information Hub and an arts and crafts unit with an TV to show messages like Road safety Health and wellbeing, Anti-bullying which we have taken in to the parks and Schools, any message our old and new partner’s wish to get across, and with our partners help and guidance we will be tackling serious controversial issues such has mental illness, homelessness, alcohol, drug misuse, violence, abuse, racism, human rights and international issues that may affect the UK.

The people of Birmingham come from many different cultures some that suffer with language barriers and find it hard to understand different cultures. Quite a lot of people who attend our events have financial and educational barriers to overcome and find it hard to integrate in to society .We give the opportunity for these people to have a purpose and find the life skills and training they need to equip themselves to live in a diverse society like Birmingham through the performing Arts and help their community grow.

We are also running out of information leaflets guys if you have some please send them to the road show, especial children's mags / leaflets on what you do / women abuse leaflets or info etc.

The list of Robert Wilkinson Fun Fair dates and places;

Canon Hill Park – 23rd – 31st May 2015 Bham East Fun 4 kids day 22nd
Ward End Park – 4th / 5th / 6th / 7th June 2015 Bham East
Sparkhill Park – 11th / 12th / 13th / 14th June 2015 Bham East
Selly Oak Park – 18th / 19th / 20th / 21st June 2015 Bham south Harborne fest on 21st
Cofton Park – 25th / 26th / 27th / 28th June 2015 Bham South
Chinbrook Park – 2nd / 3rd / 4th / 5th July 2015 Bham East
Shard End Park– 9th / 10th / 11th / 12th July 2015 Bham East Shard fest 12st
Sennelys Park – 16th – 19th July Bham South or 23rd – 26th July 2015
Small Heath Park – 23rd – 26th July Bham East or 16th – 19th July 2015
Chelmsley Wood Park – 31st July – 9th August 2015 Solihull Summer Hols
Canon Hill Park – 15th August – 6th September Bham East
Summer Hols / Beach starts 15th Ends 31st August / Allotment event 5th / 6th September 2015
Summerfield Park – 10th / 11th / 12th / 13th September 2015 Bham west & Central
Summerfield Fest 12th / 13th September 2015
Sheldon Park – 17th / 18th / 19th / 20th September 2015 Bham East
Small Heath Park – 24th / 25th / 26th / 27th September 2015 Bham East Big Eid on 24th
Pype Hayes Park – 1st / 2nd / 3rd /4th October 2015 Bham North
Acocks Green Park – 8th / 9th / 10th / 11th October 2015 Bham East
Sparkhill Park – 15th / 16th / 17th / 18th October 2015 Bham East
Witton Park – 24th - 31st October 2015 Bham North Half Term

The dates or venue on this list might change due to the weather or unforeseen circumstance

Please check for updates;

Face book – Bigtop Nwroadshow - https://www.facebook.com/people/Bigtop-Nwroadshow/100006201347966
OR
Robert Wilkinson Facebook https://www.facebook.com/wilkinsonsfunfair

Flippancy to end with;

The levels of unconscious racist and sexist bias have been reduced by manipulating the way the brain learns during sleep - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-32914228

Bound to fail - Nigel Farage will surely object to sleep in the first place as it makes everything appear black - and STOPPING men from thinking about sex when in bed? Dream on!

From my local Trust;

Home secretary announces plans to keep the mentally ill out of police cells;

http://www.nationalhealthexecutive....-to-keep-the-mentally-ill-out-of-police-cells
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...provide-beds-mentally-ill-end-detention-cells

HSJ: Mental Health pledge to funded from existing budgets - http://www.hsj.co.uk/news/revealed-...e?blocktitle=Mental-health-news&contentID=554

HSJ - Care UK offloads learning disabilities services - http://www.hsj.co.uk/news/care-uk-o...e?blocktitle=Mental-health-news&contentID=554

Mental Health Network event shows how joint ventures are achievable - http://nhsconfed.org/news/2015/05/mhn-event-shows-how-joint-ventures-are-achievable

Parliamentary Research Briefing - Children and young people’s mental health – policy, CAMHS services, funding and education - http://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-7196/CBP-7196.pdf

NHS Indicators: England, May 2015 - http://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-7195/CBP-7195.pdf

More action needed to help people with depression stay in or return to work, study says - https://www.mentalhealthtoday.co.uk...ion-stay-on-or-return-to-work-study-says.aspx