• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Mental Health in Fife

M

Mr Unhappy

Founding Member
Just signed up recently and am surprised that nobody in the Fife area
seems to suffer from poor mental health, or are they just too embarrassed
to admit it? Come on you fellow Fifers be loud and proud, and help to eliminate the stigma that surrounds this condition :clap:

R

Roxy

Founding Member
Hi Mr Unhappy, hopefully you're not too sad to-day, however, :welcome: to the forum, I know you will get some relief from sharing your troubles with fellow sufferers who understand and empathise with you.:)

I

inzie

Founding Member
Feckless in Fife

Hi there, I've just signed in er, joined up. I live in Fife - although I've lived here for about 10 years, I originally come from England - but you can't hold that against a guy.... er can you?

My experience of mental health services in these parts is pretty good - I got to see a psychiatrist pretty quick - once I finally agreed that I needed one - and she's been really supportive.

What about you?

cheers

Chris

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Hi Inzie and :welcome: to the forum.

I'm across the water in Edinburgh and I share your 'Englishness' (y)

I

inzie

Founding Member
Edinburgh - that's almost Fife

Hi Yakuza - great name by the way. I'm over in Edinburgh quite a lot - in fact come October I'll be sampling some of the fine mental health services in those parts.

Cheers

Chris

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Thanks Inzie,

I've found the services here to be very encouraging,I can't compliment nhs scotland enough to be honest.

(y)

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Hi Inzie - I had been going to ask in your "Introduce yourself" post if you were a Fifer as I wondered about your user name. I'm originally from just outside Edinburgh but after travelling around a fair bit now live in Fife. I too have been really impressed with the mental health service here, very speedy and caring. Maybe we will meet up without knowing it. Welcome to the forum, in any case - look forward to getting to know you.

Rollinat

I

inzie

Founding Member
Sure - ask away - you might want to send me a private message if you feel you've sprung my secret identity...!

Cheers

Chris

S

Schmoo

New to forum

Hi everyone
Found and joined the forum today but am really glad to find there are people who are also from Fife. :)
Makes me feel far less alone.
Thanks for being there.
Julie

F

freckle

hello from Fife

hi
wandered into this site from bbc link
lve in fife
are u ok

I

inzie

Founding Member
Hi freckle

Do you know I'm really pleased that there are a number of folk from Fife wandering about on this forum. The thing is, I'm not completely sure what we should do with our geographical similarity - or is it sufficient to know there are folk nearby wit similar problems?

I'm not sure myself.

Chris

S

Stripey

Founding Member
Dundonian!

Hi Everyone

Well i'm across the water the other way. I've not been using the forum too long but quite like dipping into it from time to time, it's been really good when I'm down.

Just wanted to say hi to those nearby

Stripey

T

triple x

im not from fife

but i am am from dundee. i did live in fife for 15 years and nothing is availble for mental health and the doctors are shit in my experince

L

Lady Summer Isles

Hi Everyone

I'm not from Fife but my husband is and we currently live in Glastonbury but are hoping to move back to Fife within the next couple of years. My in-laws are in Dunfermline. I have been worrying about the sort of support i will have once we move as at the moment i receive quite a lot in Somerset. But I am really looking forward to living in Scotland. I am half Irish and married to a Scotsman so hopefully you will let me in:)

Take care
Tannith