Mental health art competition

F

firemonkee57

Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership Trust has teamed up with 1in4 People to launch the competition with the theme Dignity and Tranquility.

The competition is open to people of all ages and a series of workshops will be hosted around the district to enable people to experience the benefit of creative activity on mental wellbeing.

Bram Tout, service manager at 1in4 People, said: “There will be a series of workshops in both Clevedon and Weston.

“Entries can be either portraits, landscapes, sculptures – whatever media people feel most comfortable using.”

A number of the winning entries will be placed on permanent display in the Juniper Ward near Weston General Hospital to help patients there recovering from mental illness.

The closing date for competition entries is October 2 and winners will be invited to an awards ceremony in Weston on October 9.

For more information on how to enter the competition click here

M

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
There are issues with that company which makes it interesting the partnership is teaming up with them. I wonder how much money the trust got to even think about it........ (IMO)

Especially with the fact they aren't the affilated partner.

Makes me wonder.

burt tomato

burt tomato

I enjoyed art at school but adult life has drained all artistic talent out of me now.