• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Mental Health 2020 task force survey

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
i was filling that in as i got email about it. i am stuck on a qu?
Do you know of any examples of mental health support which are delivered in the way you have set out in your priorities for national change. We are looking for up to three examples and are especially interested in hearing about approaches for any groups with particular needs (e.g. black and minority ethnic groups)

what particular needs to black people/ other ethnic groups have?

shaky

shaky

i was filling that in as i got email about it. i am stuck on a qu?
Do you know of any examples of mental health support which are delivered in the way you have set out in your priorities for national change. We are looking for up to three examples and are especially interested in hearing about approaches for any groups with particular needs (e.g. black and minority ethnic groups)

what particular needs to black people/ other ethnic groups have?
You only need answer the question if you have experience of this.

I think that black and minority ethnic groups have trouble with British people interpreting their behaviour and belief systems to be psychosis when it is part of their upbringing and culture. So they get labelled with diagnoses that shouldn't apply.

Kerome

Kerome

I used the opportunity to ask for more forward thinking work and less stick-in-the-mud biomedical thinking by psychiatry.

Thanks for the link!

C

Callalily

Not sure they will listen to me telling them to end forced "treatment" but appreciate finding out about an opportunity to bring it up. Thanks :)