• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Mental fatigue and Brainfog how to get rid of it?

H

healthQ

Hello,

iam 24 years old skinny 64kg man and i suffer from mental fatigue and brainfog like symptoms for 4-5years now. İn the beginning i thought that my body and brain was normal tired like everyone. but after few years i realized that this was more than normal tiredness.

My symptoms are:
  1. forgetting things
  2. can't think clear
  3. concentration and lack of perception
  4. tiredness in the brain and body
  5. it feels like my brain is sleeping 24/7
  6. i have trouble expressing myself
  7. tired eyes
  8. headache

this affects my life i don't feel like socializing and doing things.

My journey:
İ tried to solve those symptoms by quitting smoking iam now 60 days free from cigarets. İ did quit caffeine for a month but i didn't feel any improvement in my brain so i consume caffeine again. İ quit additional sugar i thought that the high and low blood sugar swings could cause brainfog but that didn't help either.

i did a blood and urine test and everything in my blood and urine was good.

İ sleep between 8-10 hours a day.
i eat home made foods everyday and don't skip meals i don't eat junk food and sugary snacks like cookies,patato chips etc.

Electronics:
i use my laptop and Phone combined for like 6-10 hours a day i try to minimize the usage but iam going to start working in a callcenter so the usage of my laptop will increase or stay the same after a month.
---------

İ did a lot of research and i found out that probiotics can solve those symptoms i am going to try probiotics in a week and hope to see positive results. And i have a appointment with neuroligst to talk about those symptoms.

İf somone had thosesymptoms before and they found the solution for those symptoms please help me with this maybe your advise will change my life.

Thanks for your time:)

L

LokiPokey75

Hi healthQ!

Welcome to the forum!

Based on what you've said here, you seem to be doing a really good job of taking care of yourself. You get a lot of sleep, eat healthy, and you quit smoking. That's amazing! Already, I'm so proud of you. And what's more is you're looking for help. That shows you're aware of what's wrong and want to change it which is always a good thing.

Certainly, the time on the computer and phone is playing a role in your tiredness. I know I get tired looking at my computer after a couple of hours and that's not where I primarily work. But I can understand cutting down time with technology might not be an option for you.

I have a feeling there's another area of your life that you've left unresolved. You may be doing all of these things, but are you happy? Working on your sleep and diet is great, but if it's not combined with improving the psychological issues you're experiencing, they can only go so far.

What stresses you? What are you afraid of? What makes you unhappy? If you can identify the core problem or fear you're facing, that will help you really understand why you're unable to focus and enjoy life.

I never had proper focus or concentration as a kid. I was a negative person too so that didn't help. If you tend to see the world as dangerous or untrustworthy, this can be harmful to your brain functioning. It takes weeding out these negative thinking patterns to really learn how to do all the things you want to do, including express yourself.

Do you have a hobby? I write. That's been helpful for me in expressing my creativity. I also do voices of characters and sing in my room. All of it is beneficial to me as a creative person. I don't know if you live at home or not, but taking time to be with yourself in any way will help you hone the person you want to be.

All I can say healthQ is to take some time to think about where you're at in life, where you want to be, and what's stopping you. You might realize that there's a niggling fear that you just haven't addressed. Learn about yourself during this time and maybe you'll come to realize what you want and what's holding you back.

Good luck and stay safe!

H

healthQ

Hi healthQ!

Welcome to the forum!

Based on what you've said here, you seem to be doing a really good job of taking care of yourself. You get a lot of sleep, eat healthy, and you quit smoking. That's amazing! Already, I'm so proud of you. And what's more is you're looking for help. That shows you're aware of what's wrong and want to change it which is always a good thing.

Certainly, the time on the computer and phone is playing a role in your tiredness. I know I get tired looking at my computer after a couple of hours and that's not where I primarily work. But I can understand cutting down time with technology might not be an option for you.

I have a feeling there's another area of your life that you've left unresolved. You may be doing all of these things, but are you happy? Working on your sleep and diet is great, but if it's not combined with improving the psychological issues you're experiencing, they can only go so far.

What stresses you? What are you afraid of? What makes you unhappy? If you can identify the core problem or fear you're facing, that will help you really understand why you're unable to focus and enjoy life.

I never had proper focus or concentration as a kid. I was a negative person too so that didn't help. If you tend to see the world as dangerous or untrustworthy, this can be harmful to your brain functioning. It takes weeding out these negative thinking patterns to really learn how to do all the things you want to do, including express yourself.

Do you have a hobby? I write. That's been helpful for me in expressing my creativity. I also do voices of characters and sing in my room. All of it is beneficial to me as a creative person. I don't know if you live at home or not, but taking time to be with yourself in any way will help you hone the person you want to be.

All I can say healthQ is to take some time to think about where you're at in life, where you want to be, and what's stopping you. You might realize that there's a niggling fear that you just haven't addressed. Learn about yourself during this time and maybe you'll come to realize what you want and what's holding you back.

Good luck and stay safe!
thanks for your reply i realy appreciate it. i used to live in the netherlands for 23 years i was born there. But i came back to my own country with my family brothers and sisters it's been 1,5 years now. i have some kind of anxiety in social situation and i couldn't find a job for 1,5 years now that is a big stresser for me. because i think a lot of my future most of the times i think positive but there are times that i hate my life. İt was a big step for me to move to my own country and build a new life. İt was not easy in the beginning and it isn't easy now.

Maybe it is psychological iam going to see a neurologist 29-07-2020 and tell him my symptoms maybe he will redirect me to a psycholog.

L

LokiPokey75

thanks for your reply i realy appreciate it. i used to live in the netherlands for 23 years i was born there. But i came back to my own country with my family brothers and sisters it's been 1,5 years now. i have some kind of anxiety in social situation and i couldn't find a job for 1,5 years now that is a big stresser for me. because i think a lot of my future most of the times i think positive but there are times that i hate my life. İt was a big step for me to move to my own country and build a new life. İt was not easy in the beginning and it isn't easy now.

Maybe it is psychological iam going to see a neurologist 29-07-2020 and tell him my symptoms maybe he will redirect me to a psycholog.
I can see that move being difficult, healthQ. I live in the United States and I moved from my home in one state to another state further north 14 years ago. I miss where I used to live. This place doesn't feel like home to me. I also suffer with anxiety in social situations, especially because the people here are very different from me. That can really affect your confidence and self-esteem.

I'm so glad you've found a job! I just hope it's not causing you too much stress. I feel like I would suffer having a full-time online job. But if that works for you, great!

There are times I've hated my life too. I live at home, I've never been on a date, I work part-time, and I suffer with OCD and depression. It hasn't been easy. Over time, I've learned to address my fears and come out of it a better, stronger person. But it takes a lot of effort and self-analysis.

I wish you all the luck in your work and your life, healthQ. I hope you find the happiness you're searching for and the belief in yourself to have the life you want!