• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Mental breakdown

B

BlueYou

I'm having a mental breakdown. I can't work. I haven't any friends or family to count on. I tried going to the doctor but they aren't helpful. I need help and I don't know what to do except ride it out.

Putting thoughts together is hard. I get a lot of headaches. I tend to cry randomly. I'm not in my right frame of mind. I'm taking this hour by hour and minute by minute each day. I get angry a lot. I can't make sense out of simple things and get upset at everything. It is absolutely horrible.

My only hope is going back to the GP and getting some kind of antidepressant. The mental health service is obviously the best recommendation but they only try to get out of doing anything. I don't want to go through another experience of that with them.

I keep thinking of dying. My life is a failure, I'm a nervous wreck anyway, I'm not young and I can't seem to get anywhere in life, I've worked insanely hard the last few years and my conditions are still hard. I can't remember the last time I felt happy or enjoyed something. I really don't know whether or not to make a serious attempt on my life. Dying would take away a lot of pain and I feel like it would be a strong thing to do, to do something truly for myself. Very few, if any people will miss me, but that's not the point. I want to have my own adult choices, I don't deserve to live like this, like an animal, i want to find my own strength in my own decisions, if I have nothing to live for then I must be brave and true to myself.

D

don302

I feel your pain. I don't think many people would miss me when I am gone. I don't know what to do or who to turn too.

I did find that The National Alliance on Mental Illness has a local chapter that meets locally and will attend that meeting Monday night. I will let you know how that goes if you would like.

D

DL1

Currently I'm off work with similar condition.
Have been diagnosed with bipolar depression .Had a bad Xmas,felt awful
With suicidal ideation.
Visited a psychiatrist prescribed me setraline & lithium ,which has helped me improve.
Be patient if you start anti depressants
They take time to build up in your system.
I am an advocate for medication and therapy .
Don't feel ashamed ,seek professional advice ,and do research on medication.
It's been the answer for me.
I am soon returning to employment.
Good luck.

D

don302

Thank you for your words of encouragement.

M

Megan333

I'm having a mental breakdown. I can't work. I haven't any friends or family to count on. I tried going to the doctor but they aren't helpful. I need help and I don't know what to do except ride it out.

Putting thoughts together is hard. I get a lot of headaches. I tend to cry randomly. I'm not in my right frame of mind. I'm taking this hour by hour and minute by minute each day. I get angry a lot. I can't make sense out of simple things and get upset at everything. It is absolutely horrible.

My only hope is going back to the GP and getting some kind of antidepressant. The mental health service is obviously the best recommendation but they only try to get out of doing anything. I don't want to go through another experience of that with them.

I keep thinking of dying. My life is a failure, I'm a nervous wreck anyway, I'm not young and I can't seem to get anywhere in life, I've worked insanely hard the last few years and my conditions are still hard. I can't remember the last time I felt happy or enjoyed something. I really don't know whether or not to make a serious attempt on my life. Dying would take away a lot of pain and I feel like it would be a strong thing to do, to do something truly for myself. Very few, if any people will miss me, but that's not the point. I want to have my own adult choices, I don't deserve to live like this, like an animal, i want to find my own strength in my own decisions, if I have nothing to live for then I must be brave and true to myself.
Hi Blueyou, I'm currently feeling the same way and also have no friends or family. It's a miserable place to be when the suicide option is at the forefront of your mind.
You are crying and then getting angry, so atleast you are getting your emotions out.
I agree that you need to go on antidepressants, as this could be the lift that you need. It does take a little while, for you to see a change but it will clear the fog in your mind.

It's good you came to this website when your feeling at your lowest. I did the exact same thing, and I find trying to help others helps me just a bit.

When you said, " I want to have my own adult choices, I dont deserve to live like this."
What do you mean?

D

DL1

Thank you for your words of encouragement.
If I can help one person ,from the agitation and advise them to not be ashamed of taking medication It will be a pleasure,as I was so desperately
Broken and know I am feeling my healthy self.
I take chlorpromazine for agitation , lithium & setraline what a cocktail.

D

don302

I know it's going to take time to shake that broken feeling.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Depression Forum 12
P Depression Forum 3
S Depression Forum 8
I Depression Forum 7
T Depression Forum 1