• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Memory of a schizophrenic episode as a toddler...

ABell

ABell

I remember losing control of my body and scratching my baby cousin in the face with a gleeful feeling and a smile on my face. I was in my carseat in the car, i was just a toddler and my little cousin wasnt even a year old yet but he was sat next to me in his carseat too. When I came back to normal I was just in time for a beating from my Aunt 😑.
I was definitely born with schizophrenia. Anybody else have memories like these?

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

I personally dont have any memories like this , but I'm sure some people may have. Do you still lose control over your body now?

vanish

vanish

Staff Member on Leave
I can't remember that far back I'm afraid, thanks to infantile amnesia. I do remember most of my life however other than early childhood. I've lost control of my thoughts and actions before and remembered it, but at the time I was deeply psychotic and reacting to either hallucinations or deep set delusional thinking. An example was holding some friends in a room whilst I was armed. I guess you could say then I had lost control of my body. It was several weeks before I had realised what I did was wrong. My friends, although frightened, forgave me as I was severely unwell and I didn't get arrested (I was taken to the hospital by Police for a psych assessment instead). I generally don't lapse into and out of psychosis quickly, it takes weeks.

ABell

ABell

I personally dont have any memories like this , but I'm sure some people may have. Do you still lose control over your body now?
I kinda do, but it isnt as bad since my first CQA hypnotherapy session I had about half a year ago. I noticed it doesnt last as long as it used to. At my worst i still Like feel kinda conscious during an episode so I kinda talk to myself to calm myself down and stop being so extra 😂😅

ABell

ABell

I can't remember that far back I'm afraid, thanks to infantile amnesia. I do remember most of my life however other than early childhood. I've lost control of my thoughts and actions before and remembered it, but at the time I was deeply psychotic and reacting to either hallucinations or deep set delusional thinking. An example was holding some friends in a room whilst I was armed. I guess you could say then I had lost control of my body. It was several weeks before I had realised what I did was wrong. My friends, although frightened, forgave me as I was severely unwell and I didn't get arrested (I was taken to the hospital by Police for a psych assessment instead). I generally don't lapse into and out of psychosis quickly, it takes weeks.
OH I understand that feeling very well, for me It kinda feels like I am half asleep the whole time and then, I just wake up a couple weeks later remembering some things but its all hazy. 🤔 Thats so fascinating I never looked at it like that before thank you. And your friends are amazing! You are amazing. My experience with this condition made me realize that people like me are really strong mentally it takes alot of determination to get up everyday and move forward. I tip my hat to you brother 😁👌

T

Thelma27

My childhood memory is that I took a lot of bullshit because I believed I could be like jesus christ where you could hit me and I would turn away until one day my grandmother told me to fight back and I was reluctant but I did in the end so we all have different childhood memories because of our sczophrenia