• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Memory loss

J

JennyWinchester

Does anyone expirience partial or complete memory loss after bad panic attackts. Like when I wake up the next day I don't remember anything at all , sometimes it's the whole day, sometimes it's just what happened during and after the panic attack. I don't know if that is normal or not, but it's very scary when you just have a black hole in your memory.

TheGeneralSpiral

TheGeneralSpiral

Hello!

Yes, this happens to me too. Sometimes I only forget the time around/during/before/after the panic attacks. If I have several bad ones in a day it's not uncommon for me to forget most of the day. It really is scary.

A

AppleJacks999

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Does anyone expirience partial or complete memory loss after bad panic attackts. Like when I wake up the next day I don't remember anything at all , sometimes it's the whole day, sometimes it's just what happened during and after the panic attack. I don't know if that is normal or not, but it's very scary when you just have a black hole in your memory.
I forget how to do my job duties or the codes that I've known forever. It was happening yesterday.

TheGeneralSpiral

TheGeneralSpiral

Yep, same here. There have been many times when I've had them where I've forgotten where I am, my age, my name, and the like. The worst for me is when I can't remember how to get somewhere private so I can get over it in peace.

SoftRain

SoftRain

Its rare I have a bull blown panice attack but my anxiety causes this. When I was working anxiety would come out of no where and zi would have a glitch of not knowing passwords or numbers I needed when I used them regularly

A

AppleJacks999

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yep, same here. There have been many times when I've had them where I've forgotten where I am, my age, my name, and the like. The worst for me is when I can't remember how to get somewhere private so I can get over it in peace.
Name and age...yeah, I had that problem a few times too. I never really thought about that. I blank out when working the register and often forget to scan all a customer's items, and so they have use their card again once I realize it. It's a pain.

Yours sounds worse than mine though. Mine doesn't seem so bad, but it's mildly annoying.

TheGeneralSpiral

TheGeneralSpiral

Name and age...yeah, I had that problem a few times too. I never really thought about that. I blank out when working the register and often forget to scan all a customer's items, and so they have use their card again once I realize it. It's a pain.

Yours sounds worse than mine though. Mine doesn't seem so bad, but it's mildly annoying.
I worked as a cashier for a while and I did the same thing. There were a few times that I was so absorbed in my own world that customers came back through my line because they forgot something, referenced a conversation I had with them earlier, and I thought to myself "How did s/he know about that?" A couple times when that happened the customer had to remind me that they went through my line not too long before coming back through. They were pretty taken aback but I have a hard time remembering faces, especially if I'm anxious. I have social anxiety too so that just made it even worse.

A

AppleJacks999

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I worked as a cashier for a while and I did the same thing. There were a few times that I was so absorbed in my own world that customers came back through my line because they forgot something, referenced a conversation I had with them earlier, and I thought to myself "How did s/he know about that?" A couple times when that happened the customer had to remind me that they went through my line not too long before coming back through. They were pretty taken aback but I have a hard time remembering faces, especially if I'm anxious. I have social anxiety too so that just made it even worse.
That's the exact same stuff that happens to me. They don't realize I'm just doing a job most of the time, and I'm like a robot on repeat all day...so no I'm never absorbed in the conversation enough to remember. I often forget their things and like you when they come back through I don't remember them. I don't mean to forget, I just do. I often forget the codes I remember too.