• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

memories

J

justlikeawoman

hi everybody
i wanted to ask some of you guys a question.
i had some bad experiences in my past. i get "flashbacks" at certain times. i am not aware of anything in particular triggering the flashbacks other than they happen on the same day FRIDAY. i believe this is because these bad experiences happened on Fridays. it doesnt matter if friday is sunny, windy, wet, snowing i have the same flashbacks and sensations in my body that i use to get on those fridays when the bad things happened.
somebody said to me today "why do you get flashbacks, those experiences have gone and dont happen now.?"
well i dont know why i get the flashbacks but i do. i get very frightened, depressed, and very very panicky.
can anybody out there talk about flashbacks.
do any of you get them? do you find them associated with certain things triggering memories? i guess there are a lot of questions i could ask but i would be interested to hear of other people's experiences

P

Pilgrim

I get flashbacks as well, mainly associated with a rather turbulent and sometimes traumatic childhood. I find myself physically reacting to them as though I'm trying to blot out some painful memories, which, in all honesty, I probably am.

I find they can hit me completely unawares and happen at all times of the day or night, whenever I happen to be awake. I don't know how to stop them, but I do know that repressing them only seems to make them worse and more frequent for me.

Talking about past traumas, unpleasant and painful though it often is, is probably the best way to maybe resolve whatever it is that is troubling me and maybe the flashbacks are a way of my mind reminding me that there is a lot of unfinished business from my past that needs to be resolved in some way.

S

susan la

Hi Plymouth how are you all.

I just been reading the forums members it brings back the good old days of the DART SERVICE AND YOU GUESS IT FREEDOM FIELDS HOSPITAL. Does any remember DR.M*****. The shrink. This brings back memories of the wicked days of being on Anti Depressants. And the Mental Health Team at Scott Hospital. Those were the good old days. I moved away from the horrible place of stone-house. back to my home town got married got a job. Thinking of going to collage again.

There is some success stories maybe you will be the next one I love to hear them cheers sue:grouphug::welcome::welcome::clap::)

Last edited by a moderator:
R

reni

I just been reading the forums members it brings back the good old days of the DART SERVICE AND YOU GUESS IT FREEDOM FIELDS HOSPITAL. Does any remember DR.M*****. The shrink. This brings back memories of the wicked days of being on Anti Depressants. And the Mental Health Team at Scott Hospital. Those were the good old days. I moved away from the horrible place of stone-house. back to my home town got married got a job. Thinking of going to collage again.

There is some success stories maybe you will be the next one I love to hear them cheers sue:grouphug::welcome::welcome::clap::)
I hope you dont mind me saying this, but do you suffer with mental illness? You make it sound like it was a joy ride for you. Was it? I have suffered for a long time and I cant say that I have enjoyed any of it. I find it lonely, and I feel very rejected by society. I know people dont like me, even if they talk to me they think I am strange. I have had friends but they always leave me when they get to know me. I cling to them and want to control them. I want to let them go but when they are gone I regret it and want them to come back but the dont ever.
You sound very happy and are you better now and dont have have any more mental health problems?