• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Meetings with the boss

Argon

Argon

Unbearable. I have another tomorrow. Last time she threatened to fire me and I reported her for unethical behavior. Tape recording is not allowed so anything she says will be my word against hers.

Wishbone

Wishbone

You've gotta be able to take someone in with you. Is there anyone you trust to sit in on it?

Argon

Argon

You've gotta be able to take someone in with you. Is there anyone you trust to sit in on it?
The chief knows what I reported and she's letting this meeting happen. It's like she's throwing me in with a rabid hyena. On my own. I guess if this meeting is bad I will complain about a hostile work environment directly to personnel. That's the last card I could play.

miss_sensitivity

miss_sensitivity

I am also wondering if you can have a support person sit in the meeting with you? That's common practice where I am and it can pretty much be anyone you trust.

How long have you been with your company?

A

albagobragh

If you feel you are being bullied by your boss, just keep a record of what she says and when.

L

Laudanum

You should be entitled to have a colleague or union rep sit in the meeting with you. At least in the UK, that's a right.

zula77

zula77

Yes you need to take it to higher management and HR. How did it go, hope you are okay

Argon

Argon

It's not a disciplinary meeting so I don't have the right to have anyone there with me. I survived it. First thing she did was ask me what the ethics investigation was about. I lied and said I didn't know. It's about her and the unethical orders she has given me and my coworker. The problem is that I don't know if I can convince anyone else that it's unethical because no one in charge knows anything about chromatography. This has to do with coeluting peaks and integration parameters. It's pretty technical. I posted the details on a chromatography forum for some other chemists to look at and the last reply I got told me it's time to look for another job.

The meeting was about changing the chromatography procedure so it's correct. She's so stupid that she can't understand simple concepts like the meaning of the word doubt. She doesn't believe in ethics so I don't know why she is allowed to write procedures. She wrote the chromatography procedure in a way that doesn't match with our ethics procedure and I can't convince he to change it and her boss won't overrule her. The executive director know absolutely nothing about chemistry. They should be hiring an outside chemist to look at this but they haven't.