• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Meetings October/November

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
A reminder (or introduction for newcomers :)) - there is a thread which attempts to list Regular Meetings that I know of among the stickies. If anyone has any queries on any of the meetings please do ask.

There are an absolute mass of meetings/groups/events in Birmingham and Solihull and I could not start to list them all. By far the best way to find out is to get on the PMHG's mailing list which you can do by contacting the PMHG on 0800 694 0202.

But I do try and list some of the main meetings every so often (and you can find a description of the meeting in the thread devoted to that group)....

PMHG - Thursday 30th October 2.30-4.30 at BVSC, Digbeth. I usually attend this meeting (when I am well) and am happy to meet anyone outside 5 minutes beforehand if they are nervous.
November meeting will be same time and place on Thursday 27th.

PMHG Solihull Sub-group Tuesday 14th October 1.00 to 3.30 Orange Room, The Manor House, High Street, Solihull.

User Voice - Heart of Birmingham Forum Wednesday 15th October 12.00-2.00 at Stanhope Hall Highgate.

User Voice have still not appointed a worker for East/North Birmingham (or at least not as far as I know which explains why there have not been any meetings in those areas for ages).

As I say there are masses of meetings/events/groups. If anyone has a particular interest/area let me know and I will see if I can find something appropriate. And check out the Regular Meetings sticky thread.

Nick.

J

jamesdean

Nick there are two posts advertised on the nhs website for two workers in the north,jd

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Oh thanks jd - well good to hear they are trying to fill them though can't imagine why it has taken so long.

Nick.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Upcoming meetings

A reminder that the next PMHG meeting (see separate thread for description etc.) is next Thursday, 30th October, at 2.30 in the BVSC building, Digbeth. As usual if anyone would like to go but feels a bit nervous I will be happy to meet aside 10 minutes or so beforehand.

A new group - or new to me more accurately - which I attended this week was the Service User in Involvement in Psychology Working Group; and many thanks to jd for letting me know about this. I will use SUIP for this group! Basically it seems to be a group of psychologists mainly from the North/East/Heart parts of Birmingham who have established this group to try and increase SU involvement in the assessment of psychological services. There were certainly more professionals than SUs at the meeting I attended :) but it was interesting.
The next meeting will be on Monday 10th November at 1.00 at Harry Watton House, Church Lane, Aston. I have to issue a warning that this is not all that easy to find and in addition the receptionist didn't really seem to know about the meeting - but it was on! If anyone wants details of directions or to meet up again let me know here or by pm.

Nick.