• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Meeting strangers

M

MacDonald

Hi there :)

I'm a social person and I go for walks a lot outside. Since I live in an urban area I meet a lot of people when I walk or jog outside. I sometimes nod at them or a smile or whatever. Sadly I bumped in to "The joneses" not being friendly...there was a woman who said "look at that stupid teenager etc" she doesn't know me, why so negative reaction? I was only walking and I was dressed normal.

Still planning to go for a walk tomorrow though

A

Adi01

Dont pay any attention to these idiots. You carry on walking,jogging and smiling,saying good morning to people as you wish. If they think your an alien or something than they are the ones who should be looking at themselves. Best of luck!!

Astrid

Astrid

I think some people (especially middle-aged or older people) just tend to assume that teenagers are always "up to no good" and therefore react negatively towards them, even when there is no reason to. It always seemed that way when I was a teen (then again, I wasn't usually dressed "normally":p) Don't let it bother you.

G

ginger

rude people

I think some people (especially middle-aged or older people) just tend to assume that teenagers are always "up to no good" and therefore react negatively towards them, even when there is no reason to. It always seemed that way when I was a teen (then again, I wasn't usually dressed "normally":p) Don't let it bother you.
Unfortunatly , you are always going to find rude people out there. There loss .They must have misarable lives, a Smile says a thousand words .Keep up the good work you are a credit to society My grandchildren are very social,Im proud of them but I am social person to. GoodLuck Ginger

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E People 1