Meeting people in Birmingham who understand mental health?

R

RayJay

Oh great,

Hopefully I will see you there,

Is it the Harborne Baptiste Church, as I have found that on google and they have a "Minds" drop in session?

I find it difficult to hold conversations with people due to my situation and I feel judged or embarrassed talking about it to people. I think that having other people in the same boat as me would make it easier to talk about with.

R

RayJay

Hi,

Just curious, did you manage to find a group in Birmingham in the end?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
Oh great,

Hopefully I will see you there,

Is it the Harborne Baptiste Church, as I have found that on google and they have a "Minds" drop in session?

I find it difficult to hold conversations with people due to my situation and I feel judged or embarrassed talking about it to people. I think that having other people in the same boat as me would make it easier to talk about with.
yes i think that is the place xx south link charter i think i remember it being called
you said you are 30 ,would you mind me asking when your social anxiety started?

im 36 now and mine started when i was 11 xx i find it difficult to talk to people too and can't cope with crowds
well to be honest i struggle to cope with just a few people
anyway might see you there in the new year xx

R

RayJay

yes i think that is the place xx south link charter i think i remember it being called
you said you are 30 ,would you mind me asking when your social anxiety started?

im 36 now and mine started when i was 11 xx i find it difficult to talk to people too and can't cope with crowds
well to be honest i struggle to cope with just a few people
anyway might see you there in the new year xx

Yes, it must be the one. It is also called south link charter.

My Social anxiety started when I was about 16. It was strange because I always had a lot of friends and was quite popular at school.

But then it was mild and about 5-7 years ago it started to get extreme, where I didn't go anywhere. Keeping a job was difficult and maintaining relationships and friendships was difficult as I never met up with them.

I think now I have lost most of my friends as I do not respond to them when they call or text, and when I have bumped into, formerly very close, friends I want to avoid getting into deep conversation with them as I feel like I would be judged and this has made me distant from a lot of people.

But I think I ready to get my life back to normal and make amends. But it is not so easy. I want to start making steps at least.

Have you had any improvement in your anxiety? Has you found anything that helps it?