• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Meds

N

NaNook

You may recall a previous thread from me talking about Epilim.

I found that it was non consistent in it's effectiveness.

I eventually went back to the standard prescribed dose of 200mg morning and evening and noticed that my edgeyness had increased along with irratibility and anxiety.

Went to see the doctor again on Wednesday and explained all of this.

He suggested moving onto a higher dose of 300 morning and evening in the prolonged release version.

Wow, I was not expecting what happened.

In work I was extremely hyper all day and quite irritable with a number of outbursts (I have a pretty stressful job).

Came home and set up a new TV I had bought for my parents.

Whilst trying to get the sound right, my mother kept on talking.

I asked her a few times to be quiet so I could get the sound right but, she just kept on and on until eventually I exploded.

She (as usual) went off in a huff which made me even more angry and guilty about the way I had been.

This resulted in a bit of an argument with me accusing her of not being supportive of my condition etc etc.

Eventually I was so wound up I just went to bed.

I thought these meds were supposed to calm me down and even out my moods, not make worse what is already a bad situation.

On top of that, half the time I think my doctor needs a serious talk with my mother to try and get her to understand that her constant button pushing is making my situation far far worse.

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

You said in a previous thread that you are 38 years old. Would there be any chance of you moving out away from your mother? It is really difficult for people around us having to deal with our unpredicatable outbursts.

Maybe some time and space away from each other would make for a better relationship with her? It would also give you the independence that the majority of people your age enjoy.

N

NaNook

I should have explained better in my original post.

I bought a house with the folks back in June last year, due to their retirement and ailing health (Dad - COPD, Mum - Bad Hip).

So moving out is not an option since this is what we all wanted in the first place.

Oddly enough, I got lashed last night with some friends and this morning I feel great. Hope it keeps up.