• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Meds..

C

Clucky111

Founding Member
Hey

This has been bothering me..so I thought I'd put it out there..

I think I need something done to my meds (Fluoxetine) but I just moved to Uni and don't know the doctors and dont reallly feel comfortable with them (I hurt my back and neck recently and was told, basically, to go as it would get better..they didn't even look at it..) This just makes me think they won't do anything if I go about this. I dunno what to do cos I can't get home during the week to see me normal GP :( I really need something to be done tho cos its really getting to me now :( It's so lonely here....

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

What problems are you having that makes you think your meds need changing?

C

Clucky111

Founding Member
I don't think they're working at all anymore. And I think they're one of the reaons for my feeling sick/nauceous (if thats how its spelt) quite alot.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

OK, so why do you think they're not working? I think if you can tell doctors specific things then they are more likely to do something about it. Perhaps make yourself a list of symptoms, like feeling nauseous, I'm guessing low mood etc etc.

C

Clucky111

Founding Member
I don't know why they might not be working. I always seem to be worst at the beginng of the academic year..autumn/winter. I think that might be a contributing to it..but I don't know. And I'm worried that they don't know the history behind it..

J

just.me

You are getting nauseas (sic) because you are worried, you know you need to see the doctor and the stress is making you feel sick.

Doctors do not judge, they are there for you, and in effect work for you, if you are not feeling too good you need to see someone, I know its hard because you dont' feel comfortable, but this is something you have to do for YOU.

Try to make an appointment, and then don't give it another thought until you have to go, take some deep breaths and just go in and say -------

Come on you can do it you are at Uni that is no easy feat in itself.