• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Meds..

xxStephiiexx

xxStephiiexx

Hey.
My pysch is talking about changing my anti-depressant to venaflaxine
(if thats spelt right)
Does anyone have any comments, good or bad about it..
Anyone found it to work well or not..
Please just some views on the med.

Thanks for anyone who replies! :)

E

eternaljourney

I've been on it and it can be very good for calming someone down but you have to see for yourself. I'd definitely say give it a try
Eternalx

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hi, I've heard some people find it good but it didn't work for me despite hiking the dose up to 225mg in the end. I also had very vivid dreams when I was on it.

I've heard it's one to be especially careful of when coming off it, it must be done gradually. I came off 37.5mg a day because my doc wanted me to come off quickly to go back to Citalopram and I suffered a lot of anxiety, but I don't know if that was the withdrawal from venlafaxine or not.

Jo1760

Jo1760

Hi Stephiie,

I hope the venlafaxine works well for you. I was on Ven for serveral months and it wasn't really for me - my suicidal thoughts did'nt phase out and i generally didn't feel any better.I also had some incrediably vivid dreams, it took me a month to come off the highest dose before I started a different type. Having said that, I know of 4 or 5 members who found Ven very effective and have made very positive comments about it.

Good luck with the Ven and welcome to the forum. I hope you find it a helpful site.

X