meds

cadence

cadence

hi sorry i am new so not sure if this is right section.

i am curently on meds to treat symptoms of bpd, but one quietapine, seems to totally knock me out within an hour of taking, so on a morning i struggle to get up (never used to be a prob) get kids ready and take them to school, then literally have to go back to bed til time to get son from nursery. i have to set my phone alarm to wake me, but today my alarm didnt go off! and i was late, luckily nursery is great. so off to buy super loud alarm.

does this happen to anyone else? sure hubby thinks i am lazy, dont get me wrong i can be, but they trully wipe me out, but they r also the only meds that have kept me anywhere near stable.

thanks cad

Last edited:
dib4uk

dib4uk

I'm sorry that your having a bad time of it recently!, maybe if the symptoms continue you can speak to your psychiatrist or your gp who ever perscribed them to you.

A.m.b.e.r

A.m.b.e.r

I was taking Quetiapine 400mgs, I found that it did the exact same. Really knocks you out! I would sleep from 10pm till 4-5 pm the next day (sleeping my life away). You should get used to it it takes a little time then the body builds a resistance. Try and keep waking up early (I know its hard) but it will be worth it, and at some point the meds will feel very okay and normal in the body. You can always ask the Dr if there is anything you can take to help you get started in the morning and ease of the effects.

I found taking the tablet earlier in the evening helped me in the mornings. Its one of those things a lot of people have trouble with.

cadence

cadence

thanks for the replies i have been on it for approx 6 month and effects not gone, i too take 400 mg but split morn and night, i think i will have to ask pysch if a med that reverses the effect on the morn, seeing him next week, so hopefully wil be.

A.m.b.e.r

A.m.b.e.r

The funny thing is I remember when I went through a hypomanic period, they put me up to 750 ! That still didn't get me to sleep.

But like I said if you prevail it should all be worth it. Defiantly discuss it with your PDoc. Besides the drowsy effect are you getting any other negatives or even positives for that matter?

Oh yeah and one thing you must not do is abruptly stop that medication, it sent me psychotic and sectioned all within like 2 days so make sure you stick to it unless discussed with your pdoc otherwise.

cadence

cadence

thanks Amber will def keep that in mind, it does have good positives, a lot less suicide attempts, it appears to be keeping me more stable but not sure if it is numbing me, cos if i am a couple hour late taking it (hubby gives me meds) so if he forgets, all emotions come flooding back.

dont think i am getting any negative effects
cad

cadence

cadence

oh can i ask why i cant see this post if i load up/click borderline personality section? i can only see it at the side. am i going something wrong?

thanks
cad

A.m.b.e.r

A.m.b.e.r

Hmm I don't know im not good with all the technical bits on this forum, maybe send a quick message to one of the moderators they might be able to help. or on the FAQ section ;)

sunflower

sunflower

Hi hun, are you on the XL/modified release version? I am, and because it releases slowly/steadily throughout the day, the side effect of being knocked out isn't nearly as bad. xxxx

cadence

cadence

dont think so hun, wil ask about it i have to take morn and night, and hits me full on!

will def ask, didnt realise that was an option

thanks hunni

sunflower

sunflower

Let us know how you get on. xxxx

cadence

cadence

will do babes, can see my posts now, hubby a superstar