• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Meds

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
hi, can I ask what people here have been prescribed for their anxiety?
I don't think I need anything and am not a "pill popper" but pshyc has mentioned several types and now prescribed some.
MH

amathus

amathus

I'm on Chlorpromazine, Propanalol (beta blocker) and just new two weeks ago...Pregabalin.

meteos.

I

IntrospectionFtw!

I've been on Buspirone and pregabalin in the past both were pretty useless. valium works well for me for just about any problem i have if i take enough of it im sorted...what ever you do dont take a antipsychotic (major tranquilizer) they're handing them out like candy these days, most because they're non addictive and have little potential for abuse mainly because they're so horrible and dont make you feel even remotely content or good in any way.

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
I think one of them was an antipsychotic. To be honest ive had enough with mental and physical pain theres not anything to move foreward for.
mh

keepsafe

keepsafe

Please don;t give up - go back to the doctors and asked to be referred for some therapy.

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
therapy non-existant here.Got as far as pschological assessment but told not ready.Too late now
mh

L

Lil

I was on lexapro, which worked pretty well for me except for two effects that were causing a hassle so I'm off them now and will try something else i guess.

Its never too late. It seems a pain in the butt getting help but worth the hassle if you keep at it until you get somewhere. Took me several attempts to get in to see a psychologist but got there and ended up being recommended for 18 sessions. Even if you don't think there are therapists around it might be worth asking anyway, cant hurt right? If there really isn't anyone suitable, try asking for alternative options. Who knows there might be some kind of support group the doctor knows about.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey MH - its never too late - why what have you done??? KS