Meditation

R

RKWDLL

Hia folks. Does anyone have any successful experiences of meditation? I've tried it in the past (about 5 years ago) with limited success. My conclusion was that all the books and information I read were geared towards people with a less scrambled brain :p I really like the idea of it, quieting the mind and what not but everytime I've tried it I've just ended up sitting in silence neurotically trying to not be neurotic >D I tried mindfulness meditation, I've been thinking that I might give transcendental a go

Z

Zoe1

I went to relaxation groups when I was in hospital
we lay on mats on the floor and listened to a recording
which took us on a journey round our own body
tensing and relaxing muscles
I definitely found it helpful

mindfulness was helpful until one day someone weird turned up
and did a cooky version of it , which I wont go into details about probably
but I have some mindfulness CDs which are very good
which I listen to occasionally

I think everyone has their own way of meditating
which sometimes means going for a walk
or doing something that you find relaxing
because sometimes we are not in a good state
to sit still in meditation

currently I meditate lying on the sofa
with something non violent on the tv !

E

EstherRose94

Walking is a good way to clear your head. You could also try headspace it’s a little meditation app and it’s kinda geared towards beginners. My bf had me do a couple sessions with him when I was very stressed one day and it helped.

R

RKWDLL

Thanks for the replies guys. I've tried listening to some guided meditations on YouTube, I found one that was very good but then couldn't find it again. I haven't been able to get into any other because (this might sound petty) I find the voices of the people talking cheesy and annoying haha 😂 I do quite a lot of walking on and off, it does help but more in terms of exercise I think, maybe because it's very hilly where I live. I'll have a look at the app that was mentioned, I think I've seen it advertised and it seemed pretty interesting.

Thanks again for your responses 😊