• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

meditation does it work?

M

mandy125

so ive been schizophrenic for 14 years and have been dappling in the idea of calming myself down as i suffer with a high
pulse rate. im interested to know if anyone else has meditated and if it worked for them?
also getting some nature cds so i can be more relaxed at home in stead of extremely anxious and stressed due to the coronovirus outbreak, all the best amanda

Zero One

Zero One

I tried guided meditation yesterday on the advice of another member and it helped with my jumpiness while I was watching it.

M

mandy125

it did? that sounds productive am looking on audible to see if i can find a guided meditation or like a podcast on it. am fascinated by it at the moment :grouphug:

Zero One

Zero One

Yes it really did. My husband keeps touching me and talking about all of these disturbing things that he thinks are funny and I am usually startled and jumping all over the place and while I was watching the guided meditation he came and was doing the same thing and I only jumped once and it wasn't that nervous cringe reaction that usually goes through my body. I have schizoaffective disorder, bipolar I disorder and PTSD. I posted about the jumpiness/hyperarousal in the PTSD section. I will try to link the video the other member posted here.

M

mandy125

okay cool thank you for the video ill give it a try when ive finished on here and doing some other bits ;)

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I like Jbittersweet's channel on YouTube. I used these videos a lot when I was experimenting with anxiety meditation and spirituality.

frisas45

frisas45

I tried guided meditation yesterday on the advice of another member and it helped with my jumpiness while I was watching it.
Thank you for crediting me. I always do my best when helping someone! ;)

N

natalie

Sorry, I thought that the topic was medication, and not meditation, I got myself confused, on that note.

Best Wishes.

R

Rabit777

Not really but I do the wim hof breathing exercises, horse stance, and I taper to have cold showers. All part of this method to help you to breathe, relax, and be aware of your body. Helps to calm me and I also have anxiety so it’s good to feel like u can breathe. Wouldn’t try it during a panic attack but when ure anxious or stressed

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

I would recommend The Honest Guys - guided meditations on YouTube

M

mandy125

okay thanks guys sorry for the late reply i tried the first youtube video and wasnt as jumpy so i didnt disassociate that day which was a result asfarasim concerned :grouphug: