• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Meditation diary by ChesterKing

chesterking

chesterking

Meditation duration times

29/3 - two minutes
28/3 - two and half minutes
27/3 - two minutes
26/3 - four minutes
25/3 - thirteen and half minutes total - did this in three separate parts during the day
24/3 - nine minutes
23/3 - eleven minutes total - separated into two parts during the day.
22/3 - fifteen minutes and thirty seconds
21/3 - three minutes
20/3 - three minutes
19/3 - twenty two minutes

chesterking

chesterking

31/3 - 14 minutes

chesterking

chesterking

4/4 no meditation
5/4 forty seconds of 'I Am' meditation. That's about three breaths worth.

chesterking

chesterking

7/4 no 'I Am' meditation. - Please God, make enlightenment, hurry up. If I need to get enlightened, it's now. This is so I can start working again. I am looking forward to working again.

chesterking

chesterking

9/4 No meditation today as well. It was Tuesday before last that I did any real meditation. I remember a meditation called Osho, he said when he was sixteen he had two weeks off after getting frustrated with meditation and he then became enlightened after this period. I wonder will something similar happen to me.
But my situation is different. If I don't do the meditation I begin to feel uncalm. It's been nine days in total, since I've done any real meditation.

chesterking

chesterking

With the meditation, since my ego has gone, it's like I am no longer frightened of myself, or ashamed or embarassed. Meditation has given been a huge confidence boost. There is just a little left of these negative emotions.

chesterking

chesterking

5 min 42 secs of meditation so far

Peaceful

Peaceful

I have a meditation app on my tablet.

Don't think I am allowed to advise it on the forum according to the rules, but am guessing if you put a search in, you could find several different ones in all types of meditations.

They can be good, yes most definitely.:)

chesterking

chesterking

I do the 'I Am' mantra meditation, to get in touch with my calm, silent observer. Eventually the silent, observer (the spirit) becomes my permanent form. I then become enlightened.

Well, I did meditation wrong way, when I first started. Do not copy me and do the meditation the way I did it. Now I find it painful to look at the sky, because my head starts to hurt. I suppose I will have to wait till become enlightened (without thoughts and feelings) before this pain goes away.

I noticed when I first started that I could gaze at the sky and blank out my thoughts and my mind. I did this all day. It felt really good and peaceful. Really I should have been focusing on the breath coming in and out of my nose. In meditation one can look at a candle flame if they wish. So I would look at the sky and did this for four months. I literally did this all day. It felt really good and quiet and peaceful.

In meditation, even if it feels good, I would not recommend doing this all day. Twenty minutes max.

When I use to eat my food, I use to eat it mindfully and really taste every bite. And then when I had shower, I use to feel the water on my skin. But if I did this for too long, it would start hurting my brain.
When I went for a walk I would look at the trees mindfully without thought.

I then began to feel the meditation uncalm feeling. And that's when I had to do yoga and tai-chi. The yoga I did was traditional hatha yoga. You can find this on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-llpRt6V12A&safe=active

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIOHGrYCEJ4

I will write some more and might re-edit this article when I feel well enough to.

chesterking

chesterking

Nikita said:
Very Interesting Chesterfield, may I ask you to give an example of what you do when you meditate.
What do you think about and instruct yourself to do?How do you think to bring about loss of ego?
Nik, if you click on my name and visit my homepage, you will get lots of info, of what I did. I have set up my own blog. Or just click on this link Meditation Q & A

chesterking

chesterking

If you have any other questions, ask away.

chesterking

chesterking

No meditation this morning. When I tried it just hurt my head.

Peaceful

Peaceful

Some days it is more difficult to meditate chester yes.

But allow yourself not to add extra concern to the fact that the meditation today was not successful in calming.

Can happen, but from what I have read and with it, main thing is to give yourself a pat on the back you tried it today even if it wasn't quite happening. Tomorrow's another day and all that.:)

chesterking

chesterking

LOL. With the greatest respect, you've got it totally wrong. You have not understood what I have been saying in my previous posts. I will post later on to explain better. I am not talking about the normal uncalm feeling. I am talking about the meditation uncalm feeling people get just before enlightenment. The meditation uncalm feeling is not with me all day. It just comes for a short time say five minutes then disappears after I've done the meditation. That is the stage I am at now. The pain I get in my head, is just another way of my body saying to me, 'Stop meditating'. This pain is what all meditators get, I think, but I'm not sure.

Please visit my website, and you'll get a better picture of what I'm saying. Click on my name and then visit my homepage. Or alternatively visit my site at https://jjs02.wordpress.com/ :)