• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Medicine S.O.S PLEASE HELP ME!!! Manic Depression & Anxiety

O

Outofstarlight

So I've got manic depression and anxiety, and I really feel that I need to be on medication, I can't control myself and I'm sure as some of you know it's a very bad feeling. I can't seem to find a medicine, I don't feel like the doctors are putting me on the right things, I've been on lexapro, Prozac, remeron, seroquel, Zoloft, and Xanax and they've all had negative effects, what works for you guys.?!

P

purple_elephants

Hi, I too have been on some of those meds, or am on them now. Let's see if I can remember.

Lexapro- On it now for Depression and OCD. It took a few weeks to fully kick in, but even as I titrated up, it slowly made me feel better.
Prozac- Evil for me. Enough said.
Remeron- Never heard of it.
Sereoquel- I might have been, but I don't remember.
Zoloft- I was on this years ago for OCD. It didn't help, but didn't hurt either.
Xanax- I have been taking one of these nightly for the last week. It really hasn't helped me fall asleep, or lessen my anxiety, but maybe it did slightly, but not enough for me to actually notice.

I have also been on a few popular BP meds, and they did help a bit, but for the most part, I had issues with severe increase in blood glucose (I became diabetic), or had really bad side effects that my PDOC told me that I had to stop. I was on Lithium (really sick), Depakote (diabetic), risperidone (oddly made me depressed), Lamictal (rash), are the ones I can recall.

I hope this helps and that you find a med, or a combo of them, that work for you. I still haven't.

O

Outofstarlight

So lexapro has worked the best for you?

O

Outofstarlight

Thank you so much for your reply, I appreciate you taking the time out, I'm really scared to start on medicine again (I quit because the put me on Prozac which was making me faint sporadically) and I've got to go to a doctor in a few hours and I'm not sure what to do

P

purple_elephants

It is not a problem. Thanks for yours too. I am as well, considering how physically ill I was on many of them. Yet, I also realize that I do have BP, and realllyyyy should go back on a mood stabilizer, but even my pdoc admits that we are running out of viable options with me. What kind of dr are you seeing? You could always ask them for their opinion. What mine does, when I finally agree each time to try again, is tell me my options, we discuss them, and them I pick the one that sounds the best. That's what I would do, if I were you.

As to the Lexapro, I am at the point where I am afraid that if I stop it, I will go back to the jumbling, very mentally ill mess that I was 4.5 years ago when I was on it, so I diligently take it just in case. I have considered stopping it, but I am just too scared.

O

Outofstarlight

Self harm

It's saying I can only reply once every five minutes, which is silly,I was trying to explain what took me so long (trying to find a way I can hide my scars)also, i was going to vent a bit. I've got self harm problems, which id like to discuss, can I do that or does that make you uncomfortable.

Last edited:

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The most likely reason why you can only post once every five minutes is because you are new, that will soon calm down.

You can discuss self harm but please don't use specifics :)

Marliee x

O

Outofstarlight

Thank you!! I've refrained for a couple months now, but my concern is how to make my scars go away, or just maybe how to hide them when I need to so I can feel comfortable