• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Medicine for flashbacks?

Zero One

Zero One

Do you take any medicine to help with flashbacks? If so, can you tell me which ones? I want to ask my psychiatrist to put me on some if possible. He is usually really concerned with my psychosis and I forget to talk to him about the PTSD.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I wish I could tell you what helps with flashbacks but I haven't found anything that does.

Not even the anti-psychotics I'm on stop them, I still get quick flashes of memories in my mind from time to time, luckily I don't have many traumatic memories so they're mostly harmless but can still be distracting.

I was in my local GP's getting a health check-up and I overheard a group session which was most likely a DBT group and one member was talking about flashbacks, I don't know if this therapy can help you cope with them but it's something worth looking into?

Here is an article about treating PTSD with DBT. I don't know the nature of your PTSD but this article talks about sexual assault and rape.

Zero One

Zero One

I wish I could tell you what helps with flashbacks but I haven't found anything that does.

Not even the anti-psychotics I'm on stop them, I still get quick flashes of memories in my mind from time to time, luckily I don't have many traumatic memories so they're mostly harmless but can still be distracting.

I was in my local GP's getting a health check-up and I overheard a group session which was most likely a DBT group and one member was talking about flashbacks, I don't know if this therapy can help you cope with them but it's something worth looking into?

Here is an article about treating PTSD with DBT. I don't know the nature of your PTSD but this article talks about sexual assault and rape.

Thank you!! Some of my trauma is from rape. I will look into this.

S

sab1978

For me, the flashbacks don’t stop, but taking Prozac helps manage the emotions and mood swings associated with them. The flashbacks don’t feel as intense and as crippling with the Prozac.

Zero One

Zero One

For me, the flashbacks don’t stop, but taking Prozac helps manage the emotions and mood swings associated with them. The flashbacks don’t feel as intense and as crippling with the Prozac.
Thank you so much!!

I'm sorry to hear that you have them too but happy you have something to help manage it.