• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Medications

S

Sunn1234

Hello. I have been on cipralex the last 4 years. It has been very helpful for my panic attacks. I went through a breakup a couple months ago which has sent me into a bad spiral of depression and some ocd tendencies I can't stop thinking about him or the relationship. Doc changed me a week ago to Paxil cr 25 mg for this. I feel the cipralex out of my system is causing tiny waves of panic that I can control for now. I see psychiatrist Tuesday from referral from am doctor who put me on Paxil. I know meds need time to work and I have to grieve relationship. I don't know what is grief or what is anxiety over it affecting my mood making me depressed and obsessive thoughts about him. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
SarahD

SarahD

Hi Sunn

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Sorry to hear what you have been going through. It takes a while to get over a break-up, but it does get better eventually. Do you have supportive family or friends? Painful things that happen in life do tend to make mental health problems worse.

Is this appointment with the,psychiatrist your first assessment? Hope it goes well.

The forum is friendly with helpful members. Hope you enjoy it and find it useful.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes, Sarah

S

Sunn1234

Thanks for your reply. It is my first appointment with the psychiatrist. I am very nervous. I've only been on Paxil cr for a week. I know it takes time. I'm just worried that the obsessive thoughts about my ex is interfering with my healing from grieving

SarahD

SarahD

I don't actually know whether the obsessive thoughts will make much difference. Going from past experience with a break up, I think to some extent obsessive thoughts might be natural in the circumstances.

If you are nervous about seeing the,psychiatrist, think about what you want to say before you see him/her, what is most important for him/her to understand. Even write it down if you think it will be easier to remember. Hope it goes well.

S

Sunn1234

Thanks that's a good idea. I want to explain my emotions and how I feel I'm not coping well with the breakup. Depression affecting my mood at work.. I know breakups are hard but I'm spending my day in tears.. Walking around with a sad look on my face. Not eating well. People are noticing my changes in behaviour