Medications that work for you

G

Girl interupted

It’s funny I see people mention seroquel.

I was given it for insomnia. I took it for seven years until I started having side effects (tardive dyskinesia Tardive dyskinesia - Wikipedia). So I stopped and the symptoms associated with tardive dyskinesia stopped. It was not given to me for bpd, but I wonder if it’s THE drug for our disorder as I’ve seen several mention it. If you do any research on it, it’s primarily used for schizophrenic patients, and given our tendency to “split” if we aren’t in at least the same symptomatic family?

Forward five years and I’m back to seroquel. But I take only 1/3 a pill then 3 mgs of immovane and melatonin for sleep.

I’m also on 20 mgs of Prozac, and it’s bizarre that there is a massive difference in mood if I stop for a week.

So seroquel at bed for sleep, then Prozac in the morning. It has managed to even me out, even if I hate hate hate taking meds (it feels like I am admitting defeat to my illness).

What has worked for you?

qwerty1234

qwerty1234

I currently take cymbalta and abilify, 60mg and 2mg, plus 3mg melatonin for sleep on and off. It has helped me much more than lexapro, lamictal, risperidone, zyprexa did. I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder and bpd. I was given these meds after they gave similar meds to my sister, for sad and depression.

I get a lot of nausea from the cymbalta and I have funny aches and pains, the cause of which I don't know, but it has done wonders for my concentration and mood and mood control including not being impulsively angry or hungry.

I still really, really need people but hate therapists because I feel they don't understand me and put me down, but when I love cities in a few months I may try therapy again, now that i have come the understanding that relationships really do extremely affect my mood and that that may be part of bpd.

G

Girl interupted

I tried kexapro and it made me hyper. I saw my first sign of tardive dyskinesia today, so I’m going to have to go looking for another option soon.

Do you find any of the meds you are taking help with sleep? That will be key for me.

Spaceman

Spaceman

I have BPD and schizoaffective disorder and take 60mg proxac and 250mgs Quetiapine. If I did not take these I would be in a right mess. It is hard enough to live with this cocktail but I couldn't live without it. I know meds don't always get a good rep but I swear by them. Good luck

S

sadgirl

I have eubpd and cptsd and I take a depot injection 50mg every fortnight and mirtazipine 45mg to help me sleep everynight

schizolanza

schizolanza

olanzapine. (2omg). venlafaxine 250mg. but hey im addicted after 12 years. and they don't work aswell as they used to.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I have been on olanzapine for almost 2 decades now. Meh. I am managing to hold down a job - 4 months so far.

schizolanza

schizolanza

that's great bt. the only one who wants to employ me is a shopkeeper who wants me to set up and take down his shop front. all the lifting.wether I do it or not I will be the topic of conversation. and once people you engage with realise youre a nutcase and haven't worked in years, they think its ok to pay slave labour for shitty jobs. I don't want to be a part of this system but that's no option.and I know no alternative. im on the payroll still. my shit stinks and that pisses me off. I have lost horizons.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Madison1994 Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
P Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7