• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Medication

Zero One

Zero One

The voices keep overstepping their bounds: it’s like they’re trying to brainwash me. They are trying to tell me what I’m feeling or should be feeling. They need to F off. For voices that are in my mind they have no insight whatsoever about who I am and what I feel. They lie and they’re wrong about everything. They’re annoying and stupid with serious verbal deficiencies.
I agree with all of this but from my experience when they overstep their bounds it leads to reasoning that is not like me and psychosis in logic if that makes sense. The only thing different with mine are they are extremely intelligent but sometimes act stupid as he'll and they know it too.

P

python232

A lot of times when trying new medicines it's important to note that they have to build up in your system before they can really start taking effect. Sometimes it'll happen quickly, whilst others can take months. It's important to take your medicines as prescribed. If you feel like changes aren't happening quick enough or you're getting negative effects you should talk to your doctor.

Also, it is rarely a "light-switch" moment when it flips from one to the other. It tends to be a more gradual process as the medicine gets into your system.
Mine can be like that most of the time im probs just as nasty back to them though

P

python232

Meds aren’t reducing the voices or delusional thinking at all. I think it’s weird how the voices manifest in different ways for each person. Kinda makes sense but still weird. At this point I’m super frustrated with having to hear the voices and deal with all of this.
My meds dont work either

AnnN

AnnN

I want to ask does the injection are more worst than oral use of medicines.?

For injection ariprizole and haldol... Does anyone know?

Zero One

Zero One

The side effects are not worth the benefits with haldol. There are better medicines out there.

Zero One

Zero One

Medicine like... Do you have knowledge of someone of them.?
I find that Geodon works better...you just have to take it before bedtime and Abilify which you referenced ...I don't remember the generic name... something like aripripazole I don't know...that works good too. When I was on haldol I thought it was the best thing because my psychiatrist kept trying all these awful drugs on me so now I'm going to a psychiatrist who specializes in schizophrenia/ Schizoaffective Disorder. He is going slow with the medicines because he said they could be dangerous and I had a bad experience with risperidone in the past. The main problem I had with haldol was the akathisia. Only prescribed pain medicine would stop it. Then I stopped being in pain so I stopped taking my pain meds and although they had me on other things to help with the akathisia, I still had strong involuntary movements because of it.

Zero One

Zero One

I am on a high amount of Geodon 160 mg and low Abilify (aripiprazole- I just took my meds so I looked at the name) 5 mg.

M

markprosso538

I've heard abilify of making people more anxious and antsy, I think its an uncommon side effect

R

Rabbit777

As of today I’m on my third kind of antipsychotic, Olanzapine. Hope this one works.

EdEd

EdEd

Hey buddy , they just took me off of Seroquel also and switched me to Olanzapine

EdEd

EdEd

It's not doing it job entirely anymore.. after they switched me to Geodon and back to Seroquel.. it wasnt where I wanted it to be... not as effective , time to switch it up. ;-)

R

Rabbit777

Lol keep me updated. It’s my 3rd day on it so I haven’t felt what this ones like yet. I hear good reviews on it. So hope it helps us :)

EdEd

EdEd

I hope so too , maybe it will... in still waiting on it in the mail.