• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Medication

R

Rabit777

I’ve been on abilify for 3 weeks with little to no difference except im more restless & have more energy in the morning. Am I supposed to be able to tell when the meds kick in? I should think it would be obvious. Any feedback would be helpful.

EdEd

EdEd

If you dont mind me asking , what kind of things do your voices tend to repeat? Like what key phrases do your voices tend to stick with?..

N

Notalwaysever

Abilify never helped for me, just gave my really restless legs. I think it is one that takes a little while to start working though, not 100% sure how long it takes but 3 weeks usually isn’t enough time.

R

Rabit777

Ed, lol I made a list recently, these are just the repetitive phrases don’t know if they’ll make sense out of context and it’s not what they say in total obviously....

Things voices say repeatedly:
Excuses
Suit yourself
You’re just feeling sorry for yourself
Blank is a good person
You’re doing the same thing
You’re just gonna make it worse
I’ll give her that
Sweetheart
You only care about yourself
I grant you that
You should get some sleep
You should be studying
You’re just procrastinating
We’re just trying to help
She/ he is just trying to apologize
I was just about to blank before you said that
You’re a hypocrite
Your too blank for me anyway
You’re hesitating
You brought this on yourself
You’re not (you act like you are so) innocent don’t bring blank into this
You are too repetitive
Coincidence
Forgiveness

rainbowsocks

rainbowsocks

A lot of times when trying new medicines it's important to note that they have to build up in your system before they can really start taking effect. Sometimes it'll happen quickly, whilst others can take months. It's important to take your medicines as prescribed. If you feel like changes aren't happening quick enough or you're getting negative effects you should talk to your doctor.

Also, it is rarely a "light-switch" moment when it flips from one to the other. It tends to be a more gradual process as the medicine gets into your system.

R

Rabit777

They have learned personal details about my life and use them against me. My molestation, abortion, call me a racist, say they were raped (they weren’t obviously), make fun of my baby sister dying. Make fun of my religious beliefs. Say I am trying to tempt them every time I change or shower. Pretty sick of them. Tired of them... been having better outlook but today has become hard. 2-3.

R

Rabit777

So I was just prescribed seroquel. Has anyone been on it? What did you like and not like. Don’t know what yo expect. I hear it can make you lethargic and make you gain weight basically.

N

natalie

This is where my Abilify comes in, it was a new drug, into effect back in2007, it is less weight gaining.

I am able to keep wide awake and more alert, particularly on my current existing dose.

In terms of weight, this is again, where I should have thought Abilify should have been discussed via your doctor.

Best Regards.

R

Rabit777

I actually am switching from abilify to seroquel because it didn’t help with my hallucinations or delusional thinking. Trying to find a combination that’s best might take a while. I didn’t like having energy from abilify, got really restless.

EdEd

EdEd

So I was just prescribed seroquel. Has anyone been on it? What did you like and not like. Don’t know what yo expect. I hear it can make you lethargic and make you gain weight basically.
Yea , I'm on Seroquel 400 mg and it works relatively well.. maybe you find some peace with this drug , hopefully.. sorry that your voices make you incredibly uncomfortable.. you deserve some peace.. they shouldn't be bringing stuff up that they dont even understand.. or comprehend..

EdEd

EdEd

I'm sorry that they know about your personal life and use it against you.. I'm apologizing on their behalf , and hope they discontinue this form of torture on you and your mind...

R

Rabit777

Thanks dude hope it helps. Be nice to quiet the voices and get some clarity of thought.

EdEd

EdEd

I hope so too , hopefully you get what you're seeking..