Medication

• Thread starter Ambitiouslysuspicious
  • Start date
A

Ambitiouslysuspicious

I have been on medication for my GAD for 2 years now. The medication I am on is Effexor xr. Before 2019 is over I would like to stop taking it. I been noticing small symptoms throughout my time on this medication, but it is starting to annoy me. I gained 30 pounds, I have headaches more frequently and I notice I get irritated easily. Never discussed this with my doctor because I feel like there is no way to avoid these symptoms when taking medication like this. However, I feel like the medication helped me a little bit, but only with my panic attacks. I really want to not rely on medication anymore, I want to stop taking it. The problem is even if I miss a day, I get bad withdrawal symptoms such as lightheaded, dizzy, and headaches. How could I get off this medication with as little symptoms as possible, plus I am scared my anxiety with come back worse than before?

L

Lorcos

I think the best thing to do is discuss it with your doctor. Most medications need to be weaned off of before stopping them. Just be honest with your doctor about your concerns and hopefully you can come up with a better treatment plan

L

Laney

I have been on medication for my GAD for 2 years now. The medication I am on is Effexor xr. Before 2019 is over I would like to stop taking it. I been noticing small symptoms throughout my time on this medication, but it is starting to annoy me. I gained 30 pounds, I have headaches more frequently and I notice I get irritated easily. Never discussed this with my doctor because I feel like there is no way to avoid these symptoms when taking medication like this. However, I feel like the medication helped me a little bit, but only with my panic attacks. I really want to not rely on medication anymore, I want to stop taking it. The problem is even if I miss a day, I get bad withdrawal symptoms such as lightheaded, dizzy, and headaches. How could I get off this medication with as little symptoms as possible, plus I am scared my anxiety with come back worse than before?

L

Laney

Hi can anyone help I'm suffering really bad from trembles I'm on diazapam but they don't do anything also mirtazapine but just can't stop the body trembles I'm so depressed with it now does anyone else have this thank you Laney xxx