• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Medication v Meditation

Zaz2020

Zaz2020

My own experiences:

Medication:
Detached from the world around me.
Itchy skin/discomfort.
Confused thoughts.
Distant to those around me.
Not in control of my emotions.
Emptiness.
Lethargy.
Senses numb and unresponsive.
Loss of ability to think clearly.
Loss of ability to communicate verbally without stuttering and stammering.
No inspiration.
No commitment to anything.
Lack of self-care.
Inability to love openly.
No self-belief or self-worth.
No creativity.
Feeling isolated and alone.
Loss of faith.
Incapable of change.
Clinging to others for support.
Unable to support my self.

Meditation:
Experiencing inner peace.
Freedom of thought and expression.
Deeper understanding of who I am.
Clarity of mind.
Easing of pain in my body.
Heart open and filled with love for all beings.
Connected to the world around me.
Gratitude for being alive.
Insight into the true nature of things.
Appreciation of others.
Empathy towards all beings.
A deep sense of belonging.
Inspired to write, read, and be creative.
Ability to freely communicate my feelings and emotions.
Be kind to myself and take time to relax, soothe my body and calm my mind.
Enjoy my own company.
Senses open and receptive.
Tranquility.
Well-being.
Capable of experiencing true happiness while experiencing life fully in the present moment.

Just writing that down gives me renewed hope and faith that my life is worth living 🙂

Z

ZoeZoe

Zaz, I aspire to be the second list, but boy do I find it hard to actually sit myself down and try to switch off. Meditation is almost like torture to me. I end up with hundreds of lists, tasks, jobs, past traumas etc shooting through my mind. I know meditation involves a lot of practice but my self-discipline is rubbish. I know it's only myself holding me back. I hope one day I can fully embrace that second list way of life 🙏 .
Thank you for such useful and clear descriptions of those two lists. It's very interesting and thought-provoking

Zaz2020

Zaz2020

Zaz, I aspire to be the second list, but boy do I find it hard to actually sit myself down and try to switch off. Meditation is almost like torture to me. I end up with hundreds of lists, tasks, jobs, past traumas etc shooting through my mind. I know meditation involves a lot of practice but my self-discipline is rubbish. I know it's only myself holding me back. I hope one day I can fully embrace that second list way of life 🙏 .
Thank you for such useful and clear descriptions of those two lists. It's very interesting and thought-provoking
You're very welcome. Thank you for taking the time to read it 🙂 also if you'd said to me 20 years ago that I would sit for an hour in silence and quiet contemplation I'd have laughed out loud. Nowadays it's an integral part of my life and brings me much peace and moments of calm. It used to be torture for me too lol I'm sure you'll find your own way to bring out the best of your life. I truly believe there is a path for everyone to follow as they walk through life. Good luck on your journey 🙂