• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Medication that may stop hearing voices

I

imported_michael

What are the types of medication that they prescribe so that someone may stop hearing voices? Can i be informed as to what the chemicals are that work in these meds? What effects do these chemicals have on the brain? Is there a natural alternative to this prescribed med like a natural root? Are there chemicals that might make them louder or even start talking to you in the first place if it were a mental disorder I would think this to be possible? Anyone know of anything like this if one would chose? I believe this is not a mental disorder it's spiritual.

I had trouble sleeping and some marijuana helped A LOT! (unless you suffer from anxiety) So for your ability to control when you want to get to sleep try that. I believe it also has the ability to ease the intensity of dreams if your going through a bad spurt.

L

Lou

I am not aware of any medications that specifically stop voices, in terms of sleep, I've found occasional use of Zopiclone helpful as my voices often go at me at night

I

imported_michael

no one here has been prescribed any pills for hearing voices? that seems odd.

K

Kurt7

I'm on 6mg of Risperdal a day. It has considerably quieted the voices.
There are a number of side effects though. Number one is I miss talking to the loving and helpful voices.
Namaste'
Kurt

G

GeeJay

I'm on 20mg of Olanzapine and the main side effect for me is over eating and that and it seems to be making the voices more constant, although the are dampened.

The only good point of the drug is it knocks me out at night.

R

RainbowElf

I have been on several medications for my voices but had side effects with each one.

There is no one answer to medication regarding stopping voices as it varies person to person. It is always best to speak to a health profession about it.

Circumstances are the key factors in choosing the right medication, so thats why it's best to do it properly.

A good natural way of stopping the voices, that I used to use before the number of voices increased was meditation. I used to lock them in a room and blow the room up or something to that effect.

Good Luck in solving this.

Elf :)

N

nina

I am on 4mg of Risperdal and it for the most part removes my voices. I usually do not hear anything.

R

Raheelah

i am on 5mg of Olanzapine @ nite and they have calmed the voices down a bit

:);):D:cool:

L

lou lou

Hi.Im on 600mg of clozapine/denzapine daily.A pretty heafty dose.(the max is 900mg)Hate taking it but its kept me out of hospital for two years after being more in than out for 4 years.Would love to hear of any other way to keep well without meds.

T

terri

I have been on several medications for my voices but had side effects with each one.

There is no one answer to medication regarding stopping voices as it varies person to person. It is always best to speak to a health profession about it.

Circumstances are the key factors in choosing the right medication, so thats why it's best to do it properly.

A good natural way of stopping the voices, that I used to use before the number of voices increased was meditation. I used to lock them in a room and blow the room up or something to that effect.

Good Luck in solving this.

Elf :)
Elfy

Wht a good idea. Blast them into infinity should they give you problems.

How are you by the way?

You still off on the tablets?

Can't think of a better way to go to sleep other than being rocked by a lullaby sang to one at the same time as having your body moved in a most sensuous way.

Guess wop, I am Pentecostal no more. Rather needed a good excuse to come out and admit to the whole world I am a voice hearer, instead of being Chicken.

Gosh come out, nop no more, nop when I get home. Far too complicated and far too far off the planks who are filled with disbelief. I do not want to have to do Head Bang Shebang ever again.

Far too painful, far too frustration, far too solid as ups for stone up there and far too unmentionable for the rest.

Gosh, my eyes are filling with concrete dust as I speak.

Have a good one, off to Nova Scotia with rather a lop of internet access over seas.

Forever Amber

K

kev c

I am on 10mg of olanzapine along with 45mg of the antidepresant mirtazapine and 20mg of citalopram. After 6 months or so of the antipsychotic olanzapine i can only say that the voices and hallucintions are not as severe as they were, , but are still just as frequent as before. The antidepresants only just keep my depression under control, , i csnnot even begin to imagine how bad things would be if i stopped taking them.

R

rabina

I am on 10mg of olanzapine along with 45mg of the antidepresant mirtazapine and 20mg of citalopram. After 6 months or so of the antipsychotic olanzapine i can only say that the voices and hallucintions are not as severe as they were, , but are still just as frequent as before. The antidepresants only just keep my depression under control, , i csnnot even begin to imagine how bad things would be if i stopped taking them.
Why don't medications take away the voices or so called hallucinations?
Perhaps because the voices are indeed real from external sources.
Perhaps they are not hallucinations?
Just perhaps you are hearing and seeing what is not visible to others.
Don't mean to instill fear at all.
Some look at hearing and seeing as gifts or find them disturbing.
Medications mask the symtoms, but I believe are needed at times when no one else steps in with solutions.
There are other possibilities for hearing and seeing; remain composure and believe in God and the Holy Spirit.
Medications do help with symtoms though.
Psychic ability is a possibility?
Learning how to deal with this is overwhelming I admit.
Good Luck

R

rabina

Re: prescriptions/spiritual

I would venture to say that more than half of those who hear voices and see what others don't are not delusional or schizophrenic or psychotic.
Just my take....