• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Medication suggestions UK

C

CabbageMama

I have come off the Lamotrigine totally, still on 20mg Vortioxetine and 300mg Pregabalin. I definitely want to stop the Vortioxetine at my Psych appt on Tuesday and I think he will agree this. Is anyone solely on Pregabalin? Any other suggestions I could Google and suggest to him? I have been looking at Aripipraloze.

N

natalie

Hi CabbageMama,

Ariipazole does not cover anxiety for a start.

I take Pregabalin solely, for anxiety levels conditions, at 75ml. twice a day.

Now if you have bipolar condiitons, and I just hadn;'realised just now, then yes, Aripapzol could work well, aripipazol has been widely known for treating bipolar condiitons.

Mention ariipipazol, which I also take, for heard voices, intrusive thouights, and paranoia, and mention also Pregabalin, and note what comments he makes.

Best regards.

Natalie,

London,
UK.

N

natalie

Your welcome, CabbageMama.

Best regards.

HLon99

HLon99

Aripiprazole is great, I use it myself. But it doesn't cover everything; its good for mania, doesn't work for depression.

Wishbone

Wishbone

You're probably best off having a good read up on things to see what has been found regarding effectiveness and appropriateness for certain drugs and your own presentation. Have a nosey at this paper here, which is pretty substantial for what it covers on its own, but you can also widen that by searching for other research findings by using the box at the top and find practically anything Evidence-based guidelines for treating bipolar disorder: revised third edition Recommendations from the British Association for Psychopharmacology

C

CabbageMama

I didn’t have significant depression until they gave me the mood stabiliser, Lamotrigine. They then medicated the depression, which is why I have ended up in this mess. I historically have had very short, a few days up to a maximum of 2 weeks, very intense lows, that is all.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Would you consider going medication free at all?

C

CabbageMama

Would you consider going medication free at all?
Thanks for that paper, Wishbone. I have read as much as I was able before my eyes went funny! I will get back to where I left off tomorrow.

I have absolutely considered going medication free, it feels very much like the right thing to do for me, despite evidence I have been able to find online that suggests the contrary. I feel like I want all the toxins out of me. My lows were really difficult before, but always time limited. The highs did get quite high, but since I have had the children, not ever got dangerous or out of hand. The same with the lows, actually. I have realised I made a mistake thinking I could go back to work next week, so will delay that further.

Wishbone

Wishbone

You can search within these studies by holding down ctrl and the F key to find any specific mentions of anything; that'll save you about 7 years of reading time!
Going med-free was something I did for a year to show myself and my doc what my moods were without the interference of medication. A kind of "This is the normal, untouched me...what is it?!" type of thing. I think that clarity helped, even if it means experiencing big mood shifts or minor ones, you might find the same.

C

CabbageMama

You can search within these studies by holding down ctrl and the F key to find any specific mentions of anything; that'll save you about 7 years of reading time!
Going med-free was something I did for a year to show myself and my doc what my moods were without the interference of medication. A kind of "This is the normal, untouched me...what is it?!" type of thing. I think that clarity helped, even if it means experiencing big mood shifts or minor ones, you might find the same.
It is definitely the first on my list of suggestions to discuss with the Psychiatrist on Tuesday. There is much I can do to ensure I have support in place for when things go bad. I could focus much more on boosting my physical and emotional health in general. Now I am far more aware of the issues, I have been honest with people close to me, so they can monitor my moods better and feed back to me, either way. I have learned to be far better already at maintaining contact when I don’t feel ok, as opposed to just when I am high and super happy. It has been a really difficult decision to delay going back to work, but I am doing so to actually deal with stuff, rather than pretend I am fine and just keep getting on with things. The Psychiatrist Will support me in this, I feel sure.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Definitely sounds like the right thing to do.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Aripiprazole is great, I use it myself. But it doesn't cover everything; its good for mania, doesn't work for depression.
Regarding Aripiprazole: can you drink on that? I mean, you personally rather than what the box tells you you can do.