• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Medication question?

L

Lavender3

I have had to up my fluoxetine to 60mg daily. This is going into 3rd week but Doctor has also added one Venlafaxine 37.5 to be taken daily - is anyone been on same medication?

calypso

calypso

Admin
I have been on both but individually not together as it would be dangerous for me to be on two as I have bipolar disorder. I found Venlafaxine very beneficial but with all medication, what suits one doesn't suit another person, its highly individualistic. I am surprised that you are on two at once, that isn't a common thing I have heard about. He might up the Venlafaxine to 75mg as that is the normal dose for it.

You are obviously suffering quite a lot with your depression - I can understand that really strongly and feel sympathy for you on that.

L

Lavender3

I have been on both but individually not together as it would be dangerous for me to be on two as I have bipolar disorder. I found Venlafaxine very beneficial but with all medication, what suits one doesn't suit another person, its highly individualistic. I am surprised that you are on two at once, that isn't a common thing I have heard about. He might up the Venlafaxine to 75mg as that is the normal dose for it.

You are obviously suffering quite a lot with your depression - I can understand that really strongly and feel sympathy for you on that.