• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Medication & Mood, etc.

h_put2021

h_put2021

So, I have now been on 25mg of Lamotrigine for two weeks. I bump up to 50mg tomorrow and I'm kind of excited.

I have actually been doing somewhat better since starting the medication two weeks ago and I think my body is adjusting finally. My episodes have been milder and don't last as long. This week I have been rather balanced, with little mood swings here and there but they do not linger.

I was manic/hypomanic the past two weeks and hit a brief depressive "swing" this weekend (however it was my late best friends birthday).

My roommate/best friend even made the comment that things have been going better between us. Things had been kind of bad for a while until I finally got help. I've been using the eMoods app and tracking things more closely and have given up alcohol, which I think has helped.

HLon99

HLon99

Dear H,

Glad to hear that you are doing better. Stick with the treatment and keep tracking changes in your mood, things can only really go up from here, really essential to recovery. Have you had a chance to speak with your psychiatrist about your paranoid thoughts yet?

h_put2021

h_put2021

Dear H,

Glad to hear that you are doing better. Stick with the treatment and keep tracking changes in your mood, things can only really go up from here, really essential to recovery. Have you had a chance to speak with your psychiatrist about your paranoid thoughts yet?
I see her next week so will def bring it up.

h_put2021

h_put2021

So, I'm not feeling the best. I'm in a mixed episode I think... I hate feeling this way but know it is temporary.

HLon99

HLon99

So, I'm not feeling the best. I'm in a mixed episode I think... I hate feeling this way but know it is temporary.
Mixed episodes are very rough. By the sounds of things you are ultra rapid cycling right now. Most important thing is you keep yourself safe, stay home for the time being and try burning off the excess energy by keeping yourself busy or exercising. I know you are in university right now, but perhaps you should think about going home for a week or two so that you can be looked after, until the lamotrigine starts working in earnest

h_put2021

h_put2021

Mixed episodes are very rough. By the sounds of things you are ultra rapid cycling right now. Most important thing is you keep yourself safe, stay home for the time being and try burning off the excess energy by keeping yourself busy or exercising. I know you are in university right now, but perhaps you should think about going home for a week or two so that you can be looked after, until the lamotrigine starts working in earnest
Good idea. I am planning to walk tomorrow. I've been cleaning which actually helps me haha. But I have been transparent with my friend/roommate about my situation, and a few other close friends and that helps to know they support me and don't think I'm just being a jerk.

HLon99

HLon99

Good idea. I am planning to walk tomorrow. I've been cleaning which actually helps me haha. But I have been transparent with my friend/roommate about my situation, and a few other close friends and that helps to know they support me and don't think I'm just being a jerk.
Its great that you have such as strong support circle. Just make sure you know who to trust, unfortunately there is still a massive stigma surrounding mental health and by far and away not everyone will be as accommodating.

h_put2021

h_put2021

Its great that you have such as strong support circle. Just make sure you know who to trust, unfortunately there is still a massive stigma surrounding mental health and by far and away not everyone will be as accommodating.
Unfortunately, that is true. These are good friends. I actually have been educating my roommate/friend about it & she seems to really like the resources.