• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Medication intolerance...don't know what to do

P

Pearl7

Hello all, I've been suffering anxiety and low moods/mood swings for the last 4 weeks really intensely.
Its just not going away. I wake up in a panic and my mood is very low.
Pretty certain I have classic depression with anxiety thrown in too.

Started on citalopram 3 weeks ago, well, I got to day 5 and felt like I couldn't go out, I was literally a complete mess, nausea was overbearing and the anxiety spiked really high so I came off them. I have been on citalopram 6 months ago and was never this bad getting on it, as we know first 2 weeks are tough.
I've been prescribed fluoxetine now and scared to death of trying it. I just don't know what to do , it's so hard taking a pill that makes you that sick.

Is there anyone else out there like this? Intolerant and ultra sensitive to the meds?

What do you do?

I feel so helpless and hopeless. I know I need meds but its like a war zone going through the transition.

Many thanks

B

bpd2020

Hello Pearl. Welcome to the forum. I have a high sensivity to all medications. I am very sorry you are also sensitive to medications. All you can do is to keep trying until you find the right one. It is horrible but because we all react differently to them it is only from trial that you will know. I really am sorry you had such a bad reaction to citalopram.

P

Pearl7

Hello Pearl. Welcome to the forum. I have a high sensivity to all medications. I am very sorry you are also sensitive to medications. All you can do is to keep trying until you find the right one. It is horrible but because we all react differently to them it is only from trial that you will know. I really am sorry you had such a bad reaction to citalopram.

P

Pearl7

Thank you for your kind words.🙏 I'm on day 5 now of CBD Oil , I'm so desperate. It's really good for sleep but is doing nothing for anxiety in the mornings plus its making me very fatigued. Just want to feel human.

B

bpd2020

Fatigue is a horrid feeling especially if we are already feeling depressed. I really hope the fluoxetine does not give you a bad reaction.

M

Mary on the hill

Thank you for your kind words.🙏 I'm on day 5 now of CBD Oil , I'm so desperate. It's really good for sleep but is doing nothing for anxiety in the mornings plus its making me very fatigued. Just want to feel human.
I did try 3 different brands of cbd oil for sleeping and none helped me. I wish it would.

nutsie

nutsie

Flioxetine may work

It is horrible to not know if a medicine work

But for sure there is one or two that will work

Citalopram and fluoxetune is SSRI

You could try SNRI

Hope fluoxutine work for you

P

Pearl7

Flioxetine may work

It is horrible to not know if a medicine work

But for sure there is one or two that will work

Citalopram and fluoxetune is SSRI

You could try SNRI

Hope fluoxutine work for you
I'm on day 4 of fluoxetine, the nausea back but I have taking cyclizine (antihistamine) for it , yes takes it away but makes me very drowsy and headachy...but...I'm going to battle on. I am praying I can stick with this for the next few weeks. I feel a little calmer probably because I'm sedated from the cyclizine! What a rocky road it is for us all🥺

P

Pearl7

I did try 3 different brands of cbd oil for sleeping and none helped me. I wish it would.
I'm off it now , on fluoxetine day 4, the cbd was doing zero for my anxiety and actually making me quite irritatable so that's that tried and tested.

J

JCPraha

It is always difficult to start and stop psych meds. They often have side effects that go away after several weeks, in many instances. Perhaps your body will not react so drastically with Fluoxetine as it did with Citalopram. I hope it helps you. I know, it is not easy.