• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Medication for OCD any success stories?

K

Karalyn90

I’m very interested to hear if anyone has been on any medications that have helped with their OCD I don’t know what you call it but I always have OCD but then there’s like a different level of it that comes about where I start to obsess over everything and it doesn’t happen often maybe every couple of years and it gets pretty uncomfortable I’m just wondering if anyone has had any success with any medications That are actually meant for OCD I am on benzos unfortunately and I have been for a long time I have to admit that they help in a major way but at the same time I constantly have to taper my dose down extremely slowly just to take it again at a regular dose

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi @Karalyn90,

I struggle with POCD(intrusive thoughts). Escitalopram has helped me enormously. I’ve been on it for quite sometime now. It keeps me calm and at ease. It helped with my anger as well.
I hope you’ll find it helpful for you.

G

Grubelnsucht

I’m on duloxetine with great success. If you go on new meds, give it some time. It takes a while to find the right one and the right dose. Be really honest with your doctor.