• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

medication for intrusive thoughts?

D

detour12

okay i am on a few medications and i take seroqel 150mg at bedtime i use it for sleep but for other uses a well one for intrusive thoughts which i feel i need a higer dose but after seeing the side effects and the risk i don't want it anymore i prefer getting off of it. and asking for a safer and something that can help with the ocd intrusive thoughts. i do have an appointment coming up soon with my pdoc. i also take mirtapinze for sleep as well. what are some good medication alternatives for seroqel ?

B

BlackHeart

Don't know much about medication but this what I've found
There are several commonly prescribed atypical antipsychotic drugs currently on the market, including:
Abilify.
Geodon.
Risperdal.
Seroquel.
Symbyax, and.
Zyprexa.

D

detour12

i been on seroqel 150mg for a while now i used it for sleep and i used it for paranoid thoughts i am not sure if cymbalta or increasing the seroqel. i guess i will ask my pdoc but thankyou!