• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Medication for anxiety

N

Notalwaysever

I am schizoaffective and take Vraylar 6mg and lorazepam 2mg. My anxiety is completely out of control though. I have an upcoming appointment with the pdoc and want some advice on how to steer the conversation. I used to take klonopin 3mg and had less trouble then the Ativan (I think the Ativan wears off too fast because it is fine for the first 6 hours or so then I cannot string a sentence together during the day or stay asleep at night) .

I would like to go back on the klonopin but I don’t want to seem pushy for addictive drugs. The only reason I was taken off of it was the doctor at the hospital took me off everything and wanted a clean slate with me.

I cannot take SSRIs because they make me manic, buspar does not touch my anxiety either. I have some luck with propranolol at night.

In a few weeks I am also going to see a pcp about diabetes medication because my A1C is elevated. Because of new insurance I couldn’t get in for like a month though. Do you think that could be adding my my difficultly with anxiety?

bpd2020

bpd2020

I would say you have found klonopin the most effective and would like to try it again. If you are concerned about your appointment and worried about insurance then that will add to your anxiety too.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I am schizoaffective and take Vraylar 6mg and lorazepam 2mg. My anxiety is completely out of control though. I have an upcoming appointment with the pdoc and want some advice on how to steer the conversation. I used to take klonopin 3mg and had less trouble then the Ativan (I think the Ativan wears off too fast because it is fine for the first 6 hours or so then I cannot string a sentence together during the day or stay asleep at night) .

I would like to go back on the klonopin but I don’t want to seem pushy for addictive drugs. The only reason I was taken off of it was the doctor at the hospital took me off everything and wanted a clean slate with me.

I cannot take SSRIs because they make me manic, buspar does not touch my anxiety either. I have some luck with propranolol at night.

In a few weeks I am also going to see a pcp about diabetes medication because my A1C is elevated. Because of new insurance I couldn’t get in for like a month though. Do you think that could be adding my my difficultly with anxiety?
Just be honest with your doc. Not like your turning up with nothing wrong and trying to score a script.